Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Two days ago I noticed my betta had a small pinhole in his dorsal fin. I took him out of his 10 gallon put him in a 2.5 gallon QT and gave him the appropriate dosage of Bettafix.

His hole healed over almost immediately, but this morning before leaving I thought I should keep him in with the Bettafix for a couple more hours, just to be sure. He was acting fine.

When I came back home just 3 hours later, he was sitting at the bottom of the QT with clamped fins and thick oil bubbles stuck to his pectoral fins. He wasn't using them at all and seemed a lot more timid. The rest of his fins looked great.

I'm going to try getting him into my hand and dabbing what I think is oily Bettafix residue off his fins with a Q Tip. Anyone have any suggestions or better ideas?

EDIT
Now the silver bubbles are all over his side, he's covered in tiny silvery bubbles.
HELP :S :(((

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Picture of the bubbly clamped fin

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Another view of the bubbles. I put him in new water, just tap water with conditioner, to try and remove all traces of Bettafix.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just put him back into his 10 gallon, changed all the water to remove all traces of Bettafix. Hoping the clean water and current will wash off the gunk.

Now he's hiding in his cave or in the plants, which he never does. He's usually always exploring.

·
RusselltheShihTzu
20,258 Posts
Please fill out the form at the top of this section titled: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING....."

Bettafix is perfectly safe. It will not cause the problems you are experiencing. The Tea Tree oil is refined out to make the "fix" medicines water soluable. There's something else going on.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what it is, but his fins aren't clamped anymore. They are red, though.

I saw the form but thought I'd get my point across quicker.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts