Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a new fish owner, I've had Sir Bubbles for a few months now and he's got a strange bump on his nose right near his eye. It's not popeye, but it might be Lymphocystis. I've looked up a few things and a lot of people say to use salt to try and help him out but I'm not sure what kind of salt I should get or how much salt I should use. He's in a three gallon tank with a filter.
Help! He's my only baby and I want to make sure he's happy and healthy.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Could you post a picture of the bump?

When people say to treat with salt they either mean Epsom salt or aquarium salt.

Epsom salt is for internal problems like dropsy,swelling,etc. Aquarium salt is used for outside injuries like fin biting, fin rot, etc.
For epsom salt you can get it at a pharmacist. Go to a petstore to get aquarium salt. Here is a picture of the aquarium salt I use. Make sure to get one for FRESHWATER fish, not reef/marine salt.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't get him to pose still for a photo and anytime he is still he's hiding in his tree house or his plants.
Basically it's this weird bubble looking lump between his eye and his nose and it's completely stationary, so it doesn't move even as he's swimming around, and it's grown over the past week.
I'll keep trying to get a photo of it though, because it's weird, and I'm not entirely sure what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts