Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't think it's anything serious, but my male halfmoon betta Dracula's fins are turning red, is it blood? Or is it coloring? His fins were originally a solid white but now are turning red. I want his fins to be white again? Anything I can do about it?
Here are his fins now (not sure why the photo is sideways). His tail is a dark red and his other fins have a pinkish tint. Once someone replies I'll post a before picture of when I first got him. I don't know how to post two photos in one post, whenever I try it deletes the first one. If I post it in a new post Itd remove it from the "unanswered" category and people would be less likely to notice it.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Your picture did not post. As I remember, you've asked about this before, and the answer remains the same.

Fish gain color in warm water. There is nothing to do about it.
There is a small unlikely shot he has septicemia. If he is clamping, or acting odd, you might look into it.

He's just gaining color - it's something to be happy about, it means he's healthy. There is nothing you can do to change his coloration.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I've had two fish suddenly acquire red fins on me. One had absolutely no red when he was brought home, so red fins on a turquoise fish freaked me out. He's probably just showing you his natural colors! Why do you wish him to be all white anyway?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
My boy Jasper had blue ventreal fins when I got him and now they've changed to blue around the rim, red in the middle and white on the tips. He also has some red in his anal fin.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's showing me his "true colors" XD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts