Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI!
Other than having a betta from wal-mart when I was younger, I am completely new to caring for them. I have been doing a lot of research about habitat, feeding and every other betta-related topic on the planet. I found some that I am very interested in investing in (pet-only purposes). They are located in Thailand...I am scared to death of having them shipped here for some reason. I am located in south Louisiana. Do any of you have personal experience with long distance shipping like this? If so... please share with me. Thank you so much in advance!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also....if anyone can recommend a breeder from the USA with a nice selection of HM and CT's....please share

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I would suggest going threw the classifieds here also aquabid.com has a specific in the USA section so I would look there too.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Many of the breeders get fish shipped over all the time. Personally i'm just starting out so i'm having my first Thai pair shipped over on Tuesday. I was a little wary myself, but again people do it all the time. I don't hear too many complaints about it, but it is quite pricey.

And like Creat said, check the classifieds here, and check AB (that's probably where you found fish you like in Thailand).

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am having my first overseas fish come on Thursday, and so far the whole ordeal has been nothing but smooth. :)

One is the boy in my avitar icon. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh....please let me know how your shipments turn out. I'm ready to get a few for myself but have to learn patience. Lol. I could easily buy every one of their fish available (or as many as I can before Im broke :) ). I'm just a little worried still. Worry is an addiction of mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry I haven't responded....been super busy lately moving. Now that I am all moved in and settled, I'm ready to get a few tanks and a few bettas!! I'm really excited :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts