Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just need to vent to people who will understand.

I had 3 gorgeous bettas imported for breeding projects. I’ve imported dozens of fish without any issue. I always opt for overnight shipping once they arrive at the transshippers. Well, the fish I was supposed to receive Friday, the one that said the package was ‘out for delivery’, never came so I’ve been in contact with the postal service to let them know they are live animals and it must be sent ASAP. Best they could do was today (Monday). It was approaching noon and I still hadn’t seen they were out for delivery, then I got a call saying they had lost the package. So now the fish I was so excited about are rotting somewhere in a box.

I saw a post in one of my betta groups where someone else’s betta got lost in the mail and it somehow was delivered alive after 2 weeks. I’m hoping this will happen to me, but I know it’s not likely.

I just feel awful.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Amazing how we are nearing the end of 2022 and still packages can be lost in transit. You would think all the "live animal" stickers would make you a little more cautious. Plus you paid for overnight. There is no excuse. Everything should be scanned into their digital system and they should be able to look up the location of any package at any time. I'd bet it was opened bc someone was curious and then they kept it for themself. Sorry for your loss.

That being said I do believe there is a strong possibility they will be delivered in the next day or 2 and they'll be fine.

BTW, what company is responsible for this mess?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amazing how we are nearing the end of 2022 and still packages can be lost in transit. You would think all the "live animal" stickers would make you a little more cautious. Plus you paid for overnight. There is no excuse. Everything should be scanned into their digital system and they should be able to look up the location of any package at any time. I'd bet it was opened bc someone was curious and then they kept it for themself. Sorry for your loss.

That being said I do believe there is a strong possibility they will be delivered in the next day or 2 and they'll be fine.

BTW, what company is responsible for this mess?
UPS. I agree that it is suspicious, especially since the first 3 times I called they seemed to know where the package was.

Even if they do get delivered, I work long hours and weather isn’t looking great for them to be sitting on my porch for an extended period of time. The last time I had a package go missing, it arrived almost a month later. Either way, I’ll most likely be getting dead fish.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ok…. I REALLY didn’t need to read this as I’m literally sitting in a chair watching for our notoriously bad USPS guy to deliver some panda corys to me! Ack!

I really hope they find your bettas and safely deliver them to you ASAP!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok…. I REALLY didn’t need to read this as I’m literally sitting in a chair watching for our notoriously bad USPS guy to deliver some panda corys to me! Ack!

I really hope they find your bettas and safely deliver them to you ASAP!!
I hope your new little ones arrive safely! I’ve been shipping/receiving fish in the mail for over a decade and this is the first time I’ve ever had issues. It’s very frustrating!

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
I hope your new little ones arrive safely! I’ve been shipping/receiving fish in the mail for over a decade and this is the first time I’ve ever had issues. It’s very frustrating!
Thankfully they arrived safely. Yay! I hope you can say the same sometime soon.

·
Super Moderator
24,350 Posts
Am so sorry. USPS ain't any great shakes, either. The worst deliveries I've had are USPS and FedEx. UPS has always been reliable. USPS is so bad that today I contacted our Congressman and the mayor of the town.

I hope everything works out. Miracles can happen.

If it turns out for the worst I have excellent source for quality imports (I'm picky about structure). They quarantine for two weeks before they will ship. You can buy; but they won't ship.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Am so sorry. USPS ain't any great shakes, either. The worst deliveries I've had are USPS and FedEx. UPS has always been reliable. USPS is so bad that today I contacted our Congressman and the mayor of the town.

I hope everything works out. Miracles can happen.

If it turns out for the worst I have excellent source for quality imports (I'm picky about structure). They quarantine for two weeks before they will ship. You can buy; but they won't ship.
USPS is pretty terrible here too, but never had issues with overnight for any service.

The lost package had a male and 2 females. One of the breeders is sending a similar male and female tomorrow. The other breeder hasn’t responded. I’d be interesting in knowing where you get your imports though! I’m also pretty picky on form.

·
Super Moderator
24,350 Posts
Am glad one of your breeders is replacing. Hope the other one contacts you and does the same.

This is the online store Buy Tropical Fish Online San Diego, CA | Coast Gem USA
Blue Green Vertebrate Art paint Azure
Photograph Vertebrate Green Light Botany

These are DT I purchased. I also bought a red knowing he had a slight spoon head but he's such a deep red he could be forgiven.:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts