·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Romeo and Taz love algae wafers. I thought they were carnivores lol

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Cleo LOVES the shrimp's algae pellets..so much so that I now have to crush them up and sink the crumbs down the back of the tank behind some wood, where she can't get to them, the little mooch.

I do notice now I look that they have 'shrimpmeal' listed as an ingredient.. :shock: so maybe that's why she sniffs them out.

My Zoidbergs are cannibals..?

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Small amounts of the algae wafer is fine and even healthy to a degree, however, Betta will overeat on the algae wafer and this can cause problems.

It is better to not allow them to eat too much-you may have to find a different way to feed what ever you are feeding the algae wafers for.

This is one of the issues you can sometimes have with mixed species kept with Betta....Feeding.....Betta can be such pigs....lol.....and can eat themselves to death if your not careful......

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is krillmeal in mine. O.O I never read the back of the bag before

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Small amounts of the algae wafer is fine and even healthy to a degree, however, Betta will overeat on the algae wafer and this can cause problems.

It is better to not allow them to eat too much-you may have to find a different way to feed what ever you are feeding the algae wafers for.

This is one of the issues you can sometimes have with mixed species kept with Betta....Feeding.....Betta can be such pigs....lol.....and can eat themselves to death if your not careful......
I only give a quarter because they are for my snails and they don't eat much.

·
Registered
220 Posts
My bettas would eat my shrimp and cories' shrimp pellets, but I put the tiniest bit in the moss in Connor's 2.5 and the cories eat their pellet(rather large pellet) so fast Sora doesn't have a chance to steal any! They truly are little piggies.

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Haha yes... When I first got my nerite snails, Teeney hated the algae wafers. She woudl grab a bite, then spit it out. But suddenly she now wants to eat them. So my nerites couldnt eat and she was getting bloated. So now I have to remove the nerites to feed them. :p

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I though that too, till i tried to feed my snails algae waffers. Next thing I know, my females look like they are about to explode.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Feeding the wafers after lights out can help as well. I usually do one pellet at night so I'm sure my cories aren't having all of their food stolen, and so Ezio the Assassin Snail can get something besides algae.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.