Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just me or what? I've noticed that a LOT of bettas around here have had tumors while they're still on the shelves. Walmart, Meijer, Petsmart, Petco, and even my friends in other states have been noticing this. Is there a cancer/tumor epidemic among the bettas?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The tumors tend to be white and appear on the face or by the base of their tails. I've noticed that blue and copper bettas with white around their mouth, gills, and nostrils tend to be more prone. They do not get fungus and they seem to have slime coming off of their tumors. The tumors are always white and on the outside of their bodies. I've mainly seem this with VTs and CTs, but more so with CTs. When I go to Walmart tomorrow, I'll try to get a picture of a blue CT that's there. It has the white above its lip and usually have the white spread to their entire head and stomach. Then they die for no reason. Could the white faces and tumors be connected?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is how the bettas look at Walmart. At Meijer, they'll have white faces and get tumors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts