Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kyon was doing so well in his new tank, I'd baught him a lovely selection of plants and ial and he was looking so happy. I fell quite ill on Friday and left my other half to take care of all the fish while I was ill. Instead of feeding him 1 pellet at a time he just dumped 3 in which meant he probably only at 1 before the others had sank, and his royal highness won't eat off the floor. I came down to get a glass of water and he'd bitten 2 great big holes in his tail :( is this because of the disruption and change in his feeding?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's 20 plants in there including a huge bunch of wisteria which he loves exploring, and he has a pot in there like a terracotta vase ornament which he rests inside so I dunno :S

·
Registered
843 Posts
I doubt that he bit his tail because there was more than the usual amount of pellets coming at him at once. Nothing was so drastically changed that could have caused him so much stress, so maybe he's turning into a tail biter. Or perhaps he didn't bite it? Could something else have torn his tail?

·
Registered
69 Posts
that sound odd, my mate mess up the feeding of are bettas evey now and then and none of them have evern done this. Id say check you pot thats in his tank terracotta is know to fractur and crack from time to time. just putting it out there. best of wishs for you.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks for your replies the pot in there isn't real terracotta, it's like a moulded plastic, I ran some nylons over it and through the middle before I put it in. He's a moody boy most of the time, my other half says he's like an old man. The reason I thought this was why he'd bitten himself is because last time it happened was a fast day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts