Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #25

three of the dark body babies are now lighter brown with red fins. The biggest baby is black with blue iridescent scales on his face and back. The two that were silver are now black and white and the two that I called blonde are now almost white.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #26
They are pretty much constantly zipping around. I ended up just recording a video and taking screenshots of the vid when I saw a fairly non blurry image lol.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #27
I鈥檓 pretty positive I have 4 confirmed males and 2 confirmed females the jury is still out on the last two. I could be wrong about the two I believe to be female. Setting up my betta barracks next week when the rest of my supplies come. I鈥檓 going to set up a recirculating water system that can house 32 individual containers on the one shelf I have. I might keep 25 on this system and do a second system that also holds 25. I didn鈥檛 want a huge bio load as my sump is only 20 gallons lol. I can get a bigger tub to do the sump in... still haven鈥檛 decided on that. I鈥檒l see when I get it all set up. It鈥檚 going to be a big project for me! Fingers crossed I dont mess this up and accidentally flood my fish room haha.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28

While doing my last feeding of the day I saw this guy had a bite out of his dorsal fin 馃槙 I ended up separating the four fin biters into their own containers.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks! I鈥檓 going to pick up the rest of the stuff I need for my betta rack tomorrow and my hubby and I are building it this weekend 馃帀 it鈥檚 gonna be cheap but leak proof hopefully lol

Registered
Wow thats exciting! I dont have the space nor the money for anything like that. YOU NEED TO SHOW US THE END RESULT! I bet its going to look awesome!

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #34

test run on the set up, drainage working awesome, in... well I think I鈥檒l need to tweak some things. I haven鈥檛 sealed Some important stuff yet just wanted to see if it worked first. Not too shabby if I do say so myself! Gonna seal the overflow and the in valves tomorrow and move it all inside Monday I hope.

Registered
I love DIY stuff like this 鉂
So, I cant tell, each bin has air or are the tubes to change water?

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #37
The tubes are for water. I鈥檓 circulating the water in through the top and out through the back to drain down into the sump. That way I can filter and heat all the containers. We got it set up now and running. I鈥檒l post pics tomorrow.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #40

I tried to measure my fish for the first time today instead of eyeballing like I鈥檝e been and holding a bright yellow measuring tape to the tank was a no no no LOL so I drew on the tank and marked it so I could catch the biggest male swimming by. Not quite 1 inch yet 馃槀 I think this method of measuring will work out though!

21 - 40 of 62 Posts