Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this is actually my second attempt at a spawn. other pair I tried after a few days the male eventually let his bubblenest fall apart so he could tear at the female's fins instead. this pair started out much better, first thing Olivia did after being released was check out the nest (first thing my other female had done was to go exploring to check for food). they were put together on the 21st. spawned for a couple of hours on the 26th, and started hatching yesterday. dad's been doing a great job of taking care of them. I'm actually hoping to keep him with them for at least a few days after free swimming since he's been doing such a good job. not sure how many total there are but I can see what looks like at least 20-30 in the small area of the nest that gets enough light to see tails, lol. the nest is pretty good size so not sure if maybe they're mostly condensed in the one spot or spread throughout it. guess I'll find out eventually. anyways, some pics and vids!
here's the parent's AB shots
Errol from Storybettas, his dorsal and anal are now all black. he's the male in my avatar as well.

Olivia from Sirinutbettafarm

blooper reel vid of them trying to figure out wrapping

success!

the nest is near the back of the tank so it's hard to get any pics of fry. he doesn't seem to mind my staring at it but trying not to bug him TOO much, lol

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I'm definitely hoping they get mom's form and fins. I just love dad's coloring though.

managed to get a shot of some fry ^_^

not the greatest, but you can see a couple somewhat clearly to his left. a bunch of the dark dots in the bubbles on his right are babies as well. I think I may have quite a few, lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
is that a leaf from the backyard that they are spawning on and will that leaf do alrite also?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Heh, all that blooper reel needs is some looney tunes music in the background.

The parents are so well matched I'm surprised they came from different breeders! I really like the marbled look of dad's anal fin. Olivia looks very regal. Beautiful babies for sure.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Awwww, such adorable fry!
Congrats on the successful spawn..... I love your pair they
are gorgeous together! The fry are definitely going to be showstoppers when they get older!

1 - 20 of 84 Posts