Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What defines a black orchid betta? I've been confused on this. I know it's the color, but how is it defined? I have a black and blue crowntail and I was wondering if he is a black orchid. Can someone help me figure this out?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Your boy does look like a black orchid crowntail, black orchids generally refer to a black betta with bue patterns through the fins, here is a picture of Secret my black orchid crowntail...........

DSCF1852copy.jpg

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
It can be any tail type, but usually CT. Basically its a black fish with blue or green irid on the body and either blue rays, or blue webbing between rays.

Your boy is pretty close. He should have black ray extentions, but I think that would still be considered one. Theres no true definition for one because its not showable according to IBC standards

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a bunch guys! :D and Secret is gorgeous! I love CTs with long rays.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Oh that's okay and thanks! Secret is huge about 2-3 times the size of a fully grown halfmoon and yet he is not a giant just has really huge fins!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha, yeah. He's gorgeous. My boyfriend was drooling over him. xD

·
Registered
4 Posts
It can be any tail type, but usually CT. Basically its a black fish with blue or green irid on the body and either blue rays, or blue webbing between rays.

Your boy is pretty close. He should have black ray extentions, but I think that would still be considered one. Theres no true definition for one because its not showable according to IBC standards
I have always loved Bettas. Have had many in my lifetime. Now that we are staying home i bought another. A black orchid. Why aren’t they able to be shown?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts