Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beta fish has developed a blister looking bump on his face recently and it’s gotten bigger and bigger does anyone happen to recognize it? I can take more photos if needed it’s just hard to get a picture of him because he’s usually sitting on top of the heater or in his castle. I’ve given him pimafix for a week and now we’re doing metafix (3rd day) at a lower dose because I saw it’s too strong to give full dose to beta fish. These were recommended by our local pet store. But I’m starting to get a little worried that there not working Thank you for looking I really appreciate it I would hate to lose him..

·
Registered
340 Posts
Can you provide a side fish view of this bump? Could it be an injury from his castle? Poor thing

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ve also tried 2 doses of kana plex, (over 4 days) then did 75% water change and now a friend suggested trying metroplex and he had the dose yesterday and that’s every 2 days.. we’re really upset about him.. but it’s gotten bigger the last week or 2 and has kind of been the same size for a few days. I put beta water renewal in when I change the water, which is supposed to be minerals, per instructions. also put 1/2 tsp/ gal of aquarium salt. Could a stronger amount like a salt bath help? I’m afraid to put too much in and kill him but I’m afraid he might go if I don’t figure this thing out.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I’ve also tried 2 doses of kana plex, (over 4 days) then did 75% water change and now a friend suggested trying metroplex and he had the dose yesterday and that’s every 2 days.. we’re really upset about him.. but it’s gotten bigger the last week or 2 and has kind of been the same size for a few days. I put beta water renewal in when I change the water, which is supposed to be minerals, per instructions. also put 1/2 tsp/ gal of aquarium salt. Could a stronger amount like a salt bath help? I’m afraid to put too much in and kill him but I’m afraid he might go if I don’t figure this thing out.
To be honest, I have never experienced this before. It looks more like a tumor to me and I am not sure those are fixable. BUT you are doing your best and taking great care of him! Hopeful, someone with experience will come along soon. p s I think the amount of salt is enough.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you provide a side fish view of this bump? Could it be an injury from his castle? Poor thing
I’m not really positive it couldn’t have happened but it never has before and he’s about 3 years old, so he is getting older. It got bigger and bigger over 2 weeks and now it doesn’t seem to be growing as fast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts