Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even if you're already answered many of the questions in text form you we ask you fill out the form so we will have a quick reference for information.

Before responding to a call for help please request this form be filled out or wait until it is.

If you need more information ask in text; do not make any alterations to this form. If you have suggestions for additions to this form please contact a Moderator.

Thank you,

The Betta Fish Team

Many illnesses can be traced to water conditions. Your water-changing schedule is the most important element in diagnosing. Please be honest.

Housing:
How many gallons is your tank? 20
Does it have a filter?yes
Does it have a heater?yes
What temperature is your tank?79F
Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration?yes
Does your Betta have tank mates? What kind? 5 guppies, 2 platys, 3 glofish tetras, 1 pleco, 1 barb

Food:
What food brand do you use? nutrafin max
Do you feed flakes or pellets?flakes
Freeze-dried? bloodworms
How often do you feed your Betta? How much? 1/4 twice a day

Maintenance:
Before
your Betta became ill how often did you perform a water change? havent changed the water in 6 weeks
What percentage of water did you change? none
What is the source of your water? tap
Do you vacuum the substrate or just dip out water?dip out
What additives do you use? What brand of conditioner? stress coat,

Water Parameters:
What are your water parameters? Please give exact numbers. If tested by pet store please get exact numbers. "Fine" or "Safe" won't help us help you. Important: Test your water before the regular water change; not after one.

Ammonia:No kit
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness (GH):
Alkalinity (KH):

Symptoms and Treatment:
When did you first notice the symptoms? yesterday
How has your Betta’s appearance changed?large lump on the bottom of belly, and thinner
How has your Betta’s behavior changed?no
Is your Betta still eating? yes
Have you started treating your Betta? If so, how? No
Does your Betta have any history of being ill? Not since they ve got it
How long have you owned your Betta? 6 weeks
Was he or she ill or suffering some sort of damage when purchased? No

This is not my fish it belongs to relatives not me. I know the care isnt the best I tried to explain the cycle to them. They got the tank 6 weeks ago it came from a classroom and they havent done a single water change since they got it (It came cycled).

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They came to me for advice since they know I have fish and know a lot about them, I thought it was a tumor but since it happened overnight im confused. For now I told them to float it in a separate container since they dont have a quarantine tank. Also the reason they havent been doing water changes is because they thought the pleco and barb ate the fish poop, and they had no idea what the water cycle is.

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent heard from them since I posted this so im assuming the guppy is still alive. I hope someone can help. Im thinking maybe a tumor?

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honestly I dont know if the guppy is even still alive but thanks for the advice I will pass it on.

·
Super Moderator
2,584 Posts
I'll need a closeup to see if it's Lymphocystis, but from the pace at which it happened, it looks like a cyst.
It's been a month, so it would be better to have an update.

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, I will ask for more pics and see if its still alive. I will update when I have them.

·
Super Moderator
1,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately the guppy has passed I dont believe that they have any more pics of it. All of their other fish are doing just fine, thanks for the help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts