Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After putting them in the conditioning tank for about 1.5 weeks since last spawn,
i will try mating them in a spawn tank i set up in front of the conditioning tank which is next to another tank holding their last spawn.

I just added the moss ball and heater few hours ago. The water has been sitting for about 3 days now. Ill let it get warmed up and add both male and female tomorrow afternoon. Ill also be adding in one of the betta bulb plants that is growing in their conditioning tank.

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Both have been added to the tank and it was really neat to see them dancing around the tank. Managed to get a nice shot this time

The indian almond leaf has been added too. Now just to wait and see how fast the male can build his nest.

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well it looks like they are breeding right now. Didnt want to lift the paper and check but this is exciting. You can see eggs in the left top corner of the almond leaf.

Ill take the female out later today. May i get this thread moved to spawn logs please 😊

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The female has been taken out and back into her healing quarters. She took what i would say minor love taps.

She does have a couple slits on bottom which should heal in about 2 weeks+ and here is the shot of the eggs

I shall be leaving dad in for about 5 days after they hatch, think last time i removed him on 3rd after hatching. So we shall see. Looks like more this time around.

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

there will be way more fry than the first spawn. Wouldn't be surprised if dad gobbles a few keep the work load light.

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

looking like a good batch of fry, dad is awesome . there are some eggs that didn't get fertilized so ill have to take them out later once the fry are free swimming. I picked up some vinegar eels last night from a giant betta breeder and also daphnia and some grindal worms but from another source, so im prepared to feed them in the next couple days.

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Cant wait for them to be free swimming. Going to be hard to take the dad out with so many fry. Should be by saturday. See how dad is still doing. He refuses to eat any food i toss in. He will spit it back out. Guess he is a strong one

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awesome.....can't wait to breed again. Must ponder the possibilities!
Why wait , start this weekend. I may try again with the same pair but like in a month or so. Going to need to build my betta racks for the males and well the girls will go into a sorority tank.

·
Registered
Bettas..a mix of em
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Id say that looks well over 100 fry. Tomorrow they should be doing better swimming wise. Dad betta is still in there being awesome making sure his kids stay up and swim right so he shall be there another day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts