Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bout a new little lady from Walmart. She is severely bloated. I bought some Epsom salt, but not sure on the dosage. She is a one gallon hospital tank. How much should I use?

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Photos? Is it just the belly or the whole betta?

I would leave the bottom bare so you can monitor how much and how often she poops. Some people use up to 3 tsp per gallon for up to 2 weeks but my fish act stressed by even half a teaspoon so it's your call.. I'd start with 1/2 tsp per gallon and increase up to 1 tsp per gallon the following day and hold there for now until you see about the poop. If no poop after a few days then you may increase it but in my experience this should be enough.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
She's not pine coned is she? She just looks kinda round from what I can see.. I'd go with the epsoms and see how it goes for a week, keeping in mind what I said in my first post. Let us know about the poop..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As far as I can tell, she's not pine-coning. She's in a bare-bottomed tank with regular doses of Epsom Salts, while being fasted. She is swimming around okay, and other that being very bloated, seems alright. A few tiny poops, but nothing substantial yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.