Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My betta, Norman, stopped eating and was having trouble swimming about a week ago. Around the same time I noticed some fin rot, so I started salt bathing him. He is now swimming around almost normal, and the rot rot is much better (still a little black in a few places, but I'm extremely pleased with the outcome thus far). I managed to get him to eat two pieces of food two days ago with a lot of patience. Yesterday he practically attacked the food again, but I only let him eat two pieces. Today I noticed his stomach a little larger than before, but he was very hungry so I let him eat one piece. I did his daily water change and did not see any poop, however that was 10hrs ago. I don't know if I should fast him, as he went 4 days without eating (like mentioned earlier, only two pieces yesterday and the day before, one piece today). I'm at a loss of what to do, I'm continuing the salt baths for a few more days as they are working wonders for his fins and swimming ability, I just don't know how to feed him. I'll attach some pictures, though the lighting makes his body look a bit bloated, it's not. Only the white/gray area below his head.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
he is not bloated. He didn't eat for a while and now he is eating so his stomach will look a bit fatter than normal. Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. Fast him for one day and he should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts