Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Something happened to my Winchester. I woke up this morning and when I turned on his tank light there was a small part (about 5mm by 2mm) missing from his tail and it was bright red which i'm sure is blood. He was do for his water change today so now he's in clean water but everything is completely safe in the tank, don't know how he did it. Apart from clean waterm is there anbything else to do? It's still red but I can't get a god picture of the tail...

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Is there anything in his tank that he could have gotten caught on? At all? :/

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
And the water parameters are????

Ammonia?

nitrate?

nitrite?

pH?

gH?

kH?

Blown fins are something going wrong.. usually attribituted to water conditions stressing the fish and leaving them open to infections and bacteria. Fish in grow outs fight and rip fins.. but they never have the red edges. When moved to isolation they heal quickly. The red is bacteria.. unless water conditions improve and the bacteria delt with the fins will continue to rot.. and the body also succumbs to the invasion and you lose the fish.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water parameters are all fine, I check them regularly. He's in a 2gallon, heated, filtered. All the plants are silk and there's no plastic sticking out that he could rip his fins on. The water is always clean and warm... He probably bit of a bit... at least that's what i'm thinking. Still trying to get a picture but he moves too much. He's a double tail and it's at a place where he has to flare to see it and he,s not the kind of fish who flares a lot so I can't get a good picture. It doesn't seem to bother him. he acts perfectly normal, eats like a pig, not bloated... I hope it's fin biting and not something worse.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts