Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I have this girl for adoption my little cousin bought her for her sorority but she seems to be aggressive she was fighting in her and also in my tank so she's in a 2.5 gal heated she's in perfect shape I prefer local pick up but will consider shipping she's full growth big actually I feed her omega one betta buffet so if anyone is interested contact me here or by pm I can drive 2 hours from Houston tx to any direction or I would ship priority if there's no one locally

She's free for a good home :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
I'm pretty sure that She, is a He ;-) probably why "she" would have been so aggressive in a sorority. Sometimes they take longer to mature depending on the circumstances.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But I've seen a little white spot under her belly and she has 3 females in front of her and she doesn't flare to them I guess the only way to know is show her a mirror

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
The white spot doesn't matter, many males have a fake egg spot to throw us and other fish off, to pretend so to say. Some of them lose it after maturity but many keep theirs as well, two of my males still have their fake egg spot. With beards, females also have beards but usually they aren't as large as males. I did have a male that had a small beard though so your best bet is to get pictures of her/him flaring to show us so we can help out :)

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
If I'm not mistaken I believe males have long ventrical and anal fins which he or she does. Making me vote mail also
Usually, not always though lol. Lately there have been a spike of long finned females in my area, making me rely solely on finding the ovaries or at least the shape of them if they are darker colored like this one here.

And btw, it's ventral, you were close! but not quite haha. No worries though ;-)

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Thank you , a long time ago there was another betta up her that looked exactly like his with same problem.

I'm writing on my phone and it decided to spell Check lol it hates me.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Oh yeah, lol I do the same on my tablet at times too. And yeah, it all depends on the breeding of course, although if the females have this long of tails, I'd hate to see the sibling males. HM males with large finnage have already bad issues with swimming since their tails are so heavy, I don't think they should be doing the same to VT's and CT's either.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
No worries, and yeah that looks like a male too me ^_^

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Not spade and cannot be super delta. He's a vt, could possibly be bred with a plakat for a shorter tail since that's all pk's are but he's definitely vt. Do you see the two rays? That indicates vt, also the droop I the tail is a sign. To be super det he would need more than two rays.

·
Premium Member
22,700 Posts
Cool ^_^ yeah I have links if you guys need explanations about rays and tail types too :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts