Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Must be a family trait, Percival has iridescence on his lips too!

View attachment 55135

It can be a little hard to see because of the lighter patches on his
head.
OMG!!! My fish's head looks exactly like yours!!! My fish has a white face and so does yours!!! Is your fish a Cambodian? Mine is! A Cambodian is like a Solid Color on their body and half a color on their fin and the other half is different color, right? Kinda like a Butterfly without the Translucent tips? He even has the same gill cover color.

·
Registered
74 Posts
One of my fish has silver gill covers.

·
Registered
631 Posts
OMG!!! My fish's head looks exactly like yours!!! My fish has a white face and so does yours!!! Is your fish a Cambodian? Mine is! A Cambodian is like a Solid Color on their body and half a color on their fin and the other half is different color, right? Kinda like a Butterfly without the Translucent tips? He even has the same gill cover color.
I don't think he qualifies as a Cambodian, but I love him no matter his color!

View attachment 55142

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
Oh, he's a Plakat, right? Mine's a Crowntail.
He seems to be the Plakat Version of mine. Here's a Pic of me Betta ^_^:

Mine's a darker red though. I like your Betta!!! He looks pretty. :)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Was taking pictures of some of my stock and noticed this boy here has blue lips...

Me wantie!!!! Are you selling him? Just wondering.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah he's for sale, I was trying to get a flared photo for selling him. He's kind of gentle, doesn't really flare much. I sat with him for an hour trying to get a flare picture. he flashed his beard briefly a couple times but just for a second and i couldn't catch it with the camera.

Nice pictures! i need a camera with a macro lens, i've been using my cell phone. I haven't seen any others with blue on the lips, but it might just stand out more on this one.

I saw a couple on AB last night that had red lips. The seller was calling them lipstick.

Short video:

·
Registered
4,590 Posts
you guys not to sound rude, this is VOGs thread, we actually had a Lipstick thread, but it is awhile back. all of the betta's are pretty though :)

VOG he is ABSOLUTLEY adorable :D i would love one of your HMPK males, since at the moment am looking for a good male XP

·
Registered
631 Posts
you guys not to sound rude, this is VOGs thread, we actually had a Lipstick thread, but it is awhile back. all of the betta's are pretty though :)

VOG he is ABSOLUTLEY adorable :D i would love one of your HMPK males, since at the moment am looking for a good male XP
Um, I'm sorry, was I wrong to post a pic of a spawn brother, that I got from VOG, who shows a similar trait? I honestly want to know since I consider myself new to this forum.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Wow..that is awsumm..those fishys are beautiful:)I just showed a pic of that fish to my Sammy..he went wild..I have never seen him flare so much..wow..he was furious..which I guess goes to prove that they can recognize another fish..in a picture..it was very interesting..!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts