1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Male (Blue Marble Giant)

x

Female (Lavender Giant)

Fry is about 4 days old in this pic. They are 6 days old now (Don't have a recent pic!)

Sadly very little fry (Only counted 4)
Any ideas what the fry will end up looking like?
I'm super excited to see <3

For updates check out my Journal
Giant Journey

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
211 Posts
Gasp! Lavender!
So what happens, do they grow up being one or the other? Or do they mix? o_O

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gasp! Lavender!
So what happens, do they grow up being one or the other? Or do they mix? o_O
That's what I'm trying to figure out 😂 I think there might be one or the other? Maybe some reds since they both have red in them? I have no idea LOL I just hope theyre pretty :love:

·
Registered
LongHa & Barbie
211 Posts
@indjo your thoughts and input on this would be most helpful!

That lavender girl is simply stunning. My boy looks like he's a dark purple with some red on his fins, but he's a little stressed right so I feel he may be more black and red.
I'm super excited to see the progress of your fry!! please keep me posted :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@indjo your thoughts and input on this would be most helpful!

That lavender girl is simply stunning. My boy looks like he's a dark purple with some red on his fins, but he's a little stressed right so I feel he may be more black and red.
I'm super excited to see the progress of your fry!! please keep me posted :)
She has such a good personality too, always comes up to the side of the tank to say hi!
I'll definitely keep posting about their fry :)

·
Super Moderator
6,093 Posts
Color wise, fry could be any irid color. If the male is marble, fry might be marble and will most likely produce marbles for a few generations.

*** Sorry, your "lavender" female looks royal blue in the picture. The above prediction is of turquoise x royal blue.

If your female is a lavender, you might end up with various color combos. Cambodian patterns (probably with irids), cellophane, pastel like colors, grizzle, blue-ish lavender, and multi irids. Any of which could be marbles (since the male is marble)

By 4 months, the giants should at least be 5.5cm (over 2"). Otherwise they will unlikely grow too big. IME, some may hit 4cm in 3 months but then practically stop growing.

Good luck. Hope those 4 fry become giants.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Color wise, fry could be any irid color. If the male is marble, fry might be marble and will most likely produce marbles for a few generations.

*** Sorry, your "lavender" female looks royal blue in the picture. The above prediction is of turquoise x royal blue.

If your female is a lavender, you might end up with various color combos. Cambodian patterns (probably with irids), cellophane, pastel like colors, grizzle, blue-ish lavender, and multi irids. Any of which could be marbles (since the male is marble)

By 4 months, the giants should at least be 5.5cm (over 2"). Otherwise they will unlikely grow too big. IME, some may hit 4cm in 3 months but then practically stop growing.

Good luck. Hope those 4 fry become giants.
She’s definitely more purple in person 😂
And I’m def hoping they become giants!
Thanks for the guess!

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I'm not sure if you're as active here as you are on your facebook page but I'm "Cemetery Wolf" who's been commenting on your updates there. :) I like reading your updates and would love any info on breeding giants that you learn. ✌😄 Good luck on your breeding journey! I love the colors of the parents so much, absolutely stunning!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts