Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put them close by for a few days and they showed signs of wanting to breed...the male didn't build a nest till i put in a piece of almond leaf..when i put in the girl they bred..but unfortunately he ate back alot of the eggs..sighs...so i had to seperate them both...and leave the remaining the eggs all by themselves..

The pair:

·
Registered
735 Posts
congrats on the fry. Looks like at least 16, have you done a starting headcount?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
congrats on the fry. Looks like at least 16, have you done a starting headcount?
Hey :), well they started swiming horizontally now...and i think i see just over 20...would be more if the dad didn't eat some of the eggs..

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Gorgeous parents!
and congrats on the babies.. love the pictures :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
My spawn is only 28-30 and they're a handfull.
On the off chance all are male and all survive to adulthood you might be thankful you only got about 20 xD

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The male might have only eaten the defective, or unfertilized eggs, you never know. Congratulations!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My spawn is only 28-30 and they're a handfull.
On the off chance all are male and all survive to adulthood you might be thankful you only got about 20 xD
yea they can be a handfull, what are you feeding them ?..i started feeding brine shrimp this morning..sadly i found a few dead fry...hmm..this batch is so small..i hope some make it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The male might have only eaten the defective, or unfertilized eggs, you never know. Congratulations!
thanx! i think he jus wanted to eat the eggs..because he nearly ate all...his belly got so large...2nd HM male in a row to be a egg eater...so sad..then to top this off i found a few dead fry this morning

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys sorry i havent been posting alot..been busy..anyways i took some pics a while ago..I did a head count and i counted 25 babies, that were healthy and eating bbs

1 - 20 of 60 Posts