Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 60 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
That is awesome. They will really go through a color up in the next few weeks. It is going to be exciting to see how many EE you get in the spawn.
I don't think he'll get any EE until he breeds the f1 fry that are still growing out to each other. It's a recessive trait.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Sorry for the late reply! Haha I actually talked to the guy I accidentally bid from to give me some new girls. So they should be here on Tuesday! Hopefully!
Your fry are looking awesome.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks for sharing this info and the photos of your fry on this forum! I'm learning a lot about breeding from watching others' experiences. Your fish are beautiful; I'm so sorry you lost the female! I'm worried about that happening with mine, especially if it's common after a spawn. :-/ But I'm looking forward to seeing your ee offspring especially!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ok, good to know. Thank you. I just saw your other thread about your other lost female. So sorry that you lost your favorite! Sad. :-( I'll be ordering some ial before I breed and make sure the water parameters are perfect. I'm still a few months away from breeding, but just checking things out and choosing my pair to be ready to go come January or February!

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Yea. Part of breeding though is that even when you lose your favorites they live on. Good luck with your breeding, it's a lot of work but definitely worth it.

The fry are seven weeks old today and looking fantastic. There are two main colours showing- the clear body/yellow fins/butterfly (first pic), and the grizzle body/yellow fins/butterfly (second pic). One in particular, the one in he first pic, is an aggressive little bugger. I actually saw a tiny little baby flare out of him yesterday.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Adorable! I want baby flares! haha That must make all the work worth it. :) Thanks for sharing pictures of your babies, Matt. I'm looking forward to breeding my own!

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #53 (Edited)
Eight weeks today! Like I said on my other thread, if you want pics more than once a week just ask and I'll try to accommodate.

Smallest fry I have still... It's about the size of a 2-3 week old but still healthy so I'll hope for the best and jar it if I have to.

One of two special little fry that never developed their swim bladder properly and are now tail draggers and spend most of their time on the bottom. Since I refuse to cull fish that aren't in pain they'll stick around and if I can't adopt them out they'll stay with me. You can also see a fish with a green eye in this pic.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts