Betta Fish Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh ok ya im familiar with eleohant ear its actually one of the traits I want to breed for. I guess its common sense that ee stood for elephant ear lol thanks blu :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im more of a halfmoon type gal but I would really like to achieve the rose petal and or feather style. Other than that maybe DT but for those I would have to see how they turn out first :)

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Thank you all :).

Animal Lover37, it's worth noting that while the rose or feather tail trait may look nice, it isn't good to breed for- it can easily lead to serious problems, like a genetic defect called xfactor, tails that the body cannot support, fin biting, etc. Intentionally breeding for these traits is borderline inhumane.

I figure since this thread is already bumped sharing some grown up photos of one of them won't hurt :-D. On another note, I bought the boy that I will use for the F2 spawn yesterday...

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Thank you all :).

Animal Lover37, it's worth noting that while the rose or feather tail trait may look nice, it isn't good to breed for- it can easily lead to serious problems, like a genetic defect called xfactor, tails that the body cannot support, fin biting, etc. Intentionally breeding for these traits is borderline inhumane.

I figure since this thread is already bumped sharing some grown up photos of one of them won't hurt :-D. On another note, I bought the boy that I will use for the F2 spawn yesterday...
O__O plzzzz share those photos!!!! :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
Oh wow I didnt know thst Matt :/ thrre goes my hopes and dreams...lol jk I guess thst settles it I will focus on normal beautiful halfmoons :)

And im with blu...pictures please!! Lol

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
O__O plzzzz share those photos!!!! :D
Oh wow I didnt know thst Matt :/ thrre goes my hopes and dreams...lol jk I guess thst settles it I will focus on normal beautiful halfmoons :)

And im with blu...pictures please!! Lol
:-D

This is the girl who will mother the F2 spawn if all goes well. Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #132

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Thank you! Oh my goodness... This spawn is over a year old now! I'm actually a bit honored to see that this thread is somehow still active... Lol.

Keep your eyes out for a spawn log with a mother from this spawn (pics of her should be on page 12 or 13), hopefully after (Canadian) Thanksgiving (middle of October).

·
Registered
7,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
121 - 140 of 140 Posts