Betta Fish Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
10 week old fry.
Started separating some.
One lucky fry will get to grow in this tank. Giving it as a gift to my sister-in-law.

Petsmart Is currently having a
curbside pickup sale for 5.5 gallon top fin starter kits for 21$. So I bought 5 to give away as package deal with some fish.

Here is #2
So pretty

more photos

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I’m going to be on the look out for those tanks and maybe buy in wholesale and sell as a betta kit along with the betta... let me know if you find a good deal.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I use 2 buckets cuz they each only fit up to 15 cups. If I have too many for the buckets, I float them in my tanks.

Reactions: Zellie

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
How do you keep them afloat? Im probably not going to have enough space for all my males in my betta rack so im going to have to float some in my grow out tank too
Mine stay afloat well on their own but putting lids on would help, because air would be in the top. I think it depends what types of cups you use. With mine, as long the water level isn't too high inside the cup, they float. I hope this helps! Im always available to answer more questions ✌

Reactions: Zellie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Update. Fry are almost ready for their glamour photo shoot. Hoping to do those end of July.

I’m really enjoying watching them change color and grow. This has been a lot of work. I think it will be my one and only betta breeding project. I found love for planted tanks along the way and I will continue to set up planted tanks for myself and friends/family.

#1 is a female!!!!! She is kind of like a koi with orange/cello but also has blue on her tail. What a surprise- she was the biggest one of them all from the start. Now, some of the boys are bigger or about the same size as her.

#2 is for sure a lavender male with beautiful red highlights. I’ve got a handful of lavenders and I’ve never seen anything like it. They are beautiful and I’m wonderfully surprised at the color.

I also have some blue and white marbles, koi, whites, cello, blue, red with blue rims- but might still change color over time. We will see.

As for body shape- I’ve noticed that those I separated early on have longer and more symmetrical fins. I’ve got males that have beautiful symmetry. Their ventral fins are long and come to just one point. The anal fins are like a skirt and the tip are as long as the ventrals. The caudal are nice and D shaped when flared. The dorsal stands up straight. The head shape has a nice slope. Very pleasing so far but I’m no judge. And maybe a bit biased because I love them so much. Lol.

I’ll try to get good profile pics in the next few weeks. Until then my betta fish friends. Stay safe and
just keep swimming.

These are mostly girls. The big girl in the middle right is #1. Look at those eggs!

this is #2. A beautiful lavender male with red highlights. He is so majestic and I can’t wait to do his glamour photo shoot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Some of them have ventrals that fan out. Does anyone know what this means? Why they got it? The parents don’t have it.
Fun fact- M11 will shake his ventrals like a Polaroid picture during an aggressive dance. kinda cute

21 - 40 of 50 Posts