Betta Fish Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,479 Posts
Gorgeous spawn with amazing colors. Would be hard to choose.

Don't forget AquaBid if you decide to do some online selling. Aren't many nice Betta bred in the US on that site. You only pay a fee on sales $50.00+. They do ask for the occasional donation to help keep the site running.

I sold 20 x more Cholla on AquaBid than I did on eBay.'

BTW, what do you mean by "fan out?" That they don't come to a point?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

Don't forget AquaBid if you decide to do some online selling. Aren't many nice Betta bred in the US on that site. You only pay a fee on sales $50.00+. They do ask for the occasional donation to help keep the site running.

Yes, they don’t come to a point. It’s more claw like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #44

Thanks for the Aqua Bid advice. I’ll keep that in mind.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Asome!

·
Registered
828 Posts
o_O

·
Super Moderator
5,970 Posts
Some of them have ventrals that fan out. Does anyone know what this means? Why they got it? The parents don’t have it.
Fun fact- M11 will shake his ventrals like a Polaroid picture during an aggressive dance. kinda cute
You want ventrals as wide as possible and ending at a point - as long as the longest anal fin ray. When flaring, they should be parrallel.

Your babies with wider ventrals may eventually split (I see more than one point). And some of those with thin ventrals may grow a bit long (longer than anal). But most of them show parallel ventrals.

Congrats.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Good news, I set up a tent at the swap meet and sold some yesterday.
M2 and M4 went to families who also bought a starter tank, heater, water conditioner. I gave them a couple of free catapa leaves and a packet of food for free. I also made a kid friendly little care sheet card.
Also sold to adult fish lovers are M5 and F6.

M4 is going to my mom, I'm setting up a 5g planted tank for her.
M3 went to my sister in law also with a planted tank.

local fish store will buy a couple today.

It's warm now where I live so I'm more confident in leaving the fry in jars without a heater. It's nice seeing the fruits of my labor this way until they sell.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts