Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 478 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Journal Update:

My wilds got shipped out last night :O Hoping that they either come in today or tomorrow. Super excited!

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Journal Update:

Got my wilds in today! They are super adorable and tiny ^.^

Discussion starter · #24 ·
I will Aqua! Once my mom brings home the camera xD Although I don't know if I will be able to capture them since they seem so small, but I'll try!

Discussion starter · #25 · (Edited)
Journal Update:

I would like to first state that I am so sorry that I don't have a pictures for your guys D: See we only have one camera in the house and it is about 10 years old, and it is my mom's. She likes to take it with her, since she lives out of state, but I promise once she comes home I will get some up for y'all!

Ok onward to the fish!

Alice is cured of her velvet :-D I put her back into her tank yesterday so I'll be keeping an eye on her since I didn't really treat her tank per say. All my wilds that came in last Thursday are doing good and have settled in well. Both of the wild males will come right up to the front of the tank for me too. I've slowly gotten them into eating frozen, and I'm hoping that my microworm starter culture will come in soon so I can start feeding them live.

I've gotten everything for my 40 gallon tank together! Going to set it up tomorrow after I clean sand this afternoon. :O Super excited! And so is my sister and dad, because they really want me to get a goldfish. xD Also I've already been thinking about themes for the tank too, and my sister has been helping me too, because she loves designing things.

Here are some themes that I am considering:
- Regular everyday theme with 1 fake plant and black/dark blue stones (since my room is blue)
- Spring Japanese/Sakura theme with 1 red betta bridge, 1 fake bonsai tree, 1 Buddha (?), and white/clear/pink stones
- Beach/Summer theme with blue/turquoise gems, and ?
- Something Golden with gold stones, and ?

That is all I have so far xD

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Journal Update:

It's Wednesday! Time for a journal update :-D

I set up my 40 gallon! Yep Yee! It looks amazing too, and I wish I could share pictures with you guys but I can't because of my camera problem :-( But one day you guys will be able to see it. Now I just have to make sure my seeded material took and then get a fancy goldie~ I cannot wait! I really want a lionhead ranchu because 1) They are gorgeous and 2) They are adorable. I mean look at these guys! :shock:

On a side note, all my bettas are doing wonderful! *knock on wood* I got my wilds to eat small mosquito larva and they love them. The only problem that I am having is that I haven't seen my female Sp. Apiapi in about 2 days. I think the male is being "mean" to her and making her hide, and I have so many hiding spaces that I can't really find her. I'll be doing a small water change on Friday so I'll look for her then. Also I think I might sell my 2 surviving fry from my Betta Edithae's first hatching. They are kind of being aggressive towards my first female and they have become fry eaters, so out they go!

Nothing much else happening, which is how I like it! My horse's are already growing a winter coat, so it is going to be cold this winter :shock:

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Oh. My. Goodness. If only I had the money and space for this! But I would totally have to sell some of my fish to get this, but goodness gratuitous!

Not too sure if it is a good deal, it being a $100 Rimless Ehiem 6 gallon with stand/filter/light, but I love it!

Discussion starter · #28 ·
If any one is reading this, I want you to know that I am doomed :sob:

I just received my email from my local aquarium group and our monthly meeting for September is going to be about wilds. The guy who is coming is bring wilds with him to sell. I'm going to have no self control D: I'm wondering if I ought to sell my Betta Edithae pair and try to get another species to dabble in. :hmm: Decisions, decisions.

Oh. My. Goodness. If only I had the money and space for this! But I would totally have to sell some of my fish to get this, but goodness gratuitous!
Not too sure if it is a good deal, it being a $100 Rimless Ehiem 6 gallon with stand/filter/light, but I love it!
I think those sell for $140-150 new without the stand. Only bummer is the light isn't very strong (and very expensive to get a second from ehiem) its low light as 1 light. My biggest beef with that tank kit is eheim didn't bother to include a heater.. They make great heaters so throw one in to the set!! Also they did not cut the lid to allow for a cord for a heater.. =.=

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I think those sell for $140-150 new without the stand. Only bummer is the light isn't very strong (and very expensive to get a second from ehiem) its low light as 1 light. My biggest beef with that tank kit is eheim didn't bother to include a heater.. They make great heaters so throw one in to the set!! Also they did not cut the lid to allow for a cord for a heater.. =.=
Maybe that is why they are selling it :lol: I wouldn't like the light because I would have to grow live plants in there xD That is horrible about the heater, both not having one and not allowing room for the cord. I wonder why they didn't do that? :-?

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Journal Update:

I caved an bought a goldfish tonight :-D I cannot wait for the little guy to come home! I was going to wait to get a lionhead ranchu but since I've been ogling over Solid Gold's Clyde, I just could not resist this guy. So enough babbling, here are the pictures!

Attachments

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Journal Update:

So due to a family friend passing away this weekend and a whole bunch of fish stuff happening this week, I'll be updating either late Thursday night or Friday, for whoever is reading this.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
Journal Update:

36/40 gal: Got my little goldie all set in yesterday, and so far so good *knocks on wood* He did give me a little scare yesterday because I didn't realize that he might bottom sit for awhile so I kind of panicked :oops: Also the nincompoop has discovered that he can get behind my air line and light line for the leds for the air wand. He looks like he is stuck but he isn't.

Meeting: My aquarium meeting was awesome, as always. I learned a lot that I already knew and a lot that I didn't already know. Over all I really enjoyed it. One thing that I would like to share is that he discussed the issue with wild betta splendens and how there actually might not be any more wild varieties left. He talked about how with so much selective breeding of the fighting plakats that a lot of times breeders would throw out whatever they didn't want and these fish would spawn with the already wild variety, leading many to believe that a lot of the wild betta splendens might actually only be hybrid varieties. :shock:

Tanks: All my tanks are doing good *knocks on wood* Everyone is happy and eating! I sold my betta edithae pair and F1 fry last night at the meeting, because I thought that he speaker was going to bring a variety of fish to sell and I could mix it up. Well that didn't happen >.< He only brought one pair of betta falx and I'm not even anywhere near interested in keeping that variety D: So now I have an empty 20 gal tank waiting for something to be put back in it :roll: I message Jotya so I'm hoping to get my hands on either a pair of betta smaragdina or a pair of betta unimaculata.

Also here is another picture of my goldie :love: Isn't he adorable?!

Attachments

Your goldie is adorable! I'm usually not one for the larger eyed ones, but he's just so precious looking!

Your goldie reminds me of this character from the Madagascar movies.

I think it's the eyes.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Your goldie is adorable! I'm usually not one for the larger eyed ones, but he's just so precious looking!
I wasn't either until I saw him! I was really set on getting a lionhead ranchu because I love their fluffy heads but then he popped up and I just had to have him :love:

Discussion starter · #37 ·
Your goldie reminds me of this character from the Madagascar movies.

I think it's the eyes.
Haha he does kind of look like him :lol:

Discussion starter · #38 ·
Journal Update:

So Jotya didn't have any Smaragdina, so I ended up getting a pair of Unimaculata instead. Which is totally fine, because I wanted to get my hands on a pair eventually anyways. I cannot wait for them to get here! ^.^

Also my goldfish has a name! His name is Nugget! Or Nugget-poo. Or The Nuggetister. I love this darn goldfish :love:

Also on another side note, my sister is also slightly obsessed with Spirited Away, even though she doesn't like anime. Well she decided to get a soot sprite from etsy, she got me one too, and it is adorable :O She told me about a pillow sized one that has the star sprinkles too and I might have to save up and get one of those. I mean just look at it!

I kept and bred unimaculata before and they are great fish. Extremely personable, and I never had any great difficulties in getting them to spawn.

Out of all the mouthbrooding groups, I've always loved fish from the foerschi complex. The colour and attitude on these fish is awesome.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
That is great news LBF! I cannot wait to get my hands on them and I'm sure I will love them

21 - 40 of 478 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.