Betta Fish Forum banner

Blueridge's Journal

39K views 477 replies 14 participants last post by  blueridge 
#1 ·
After all the years I have been on here and never started my own journal I think it is about time that I started one!

I'll just be talking about everything that pertains to my animals in this journal, mostly my fish :-D But you might see some of my other animals posted along in this thread too! I'm hoping to be updating it once a week, maybe on Wednesdays? Since that is a day I do most of my once a week things on, like grocery shopping :lol:

So first up I would like to introduce my bettas! I have pictures of all except Alice and that is because she is hard to take pics of, so one day I hope to snap some of her.

Goober II- So a little side story about why he is the second, is because back in college I brought home this cellophane colored veiltail from walmart. His name ended up being Goober because we happened to be watching spongebob, my sister's favorite show. Well he went back and forth with me to college and back for 2 years and over that time period my dad ended up falling in love with him. Well about a year after I moved back home, he started to slow down and ended up passing away. Well wouldn't you know that my dad was the one the most heart broken, I was too, but my dad most of all. So after a couple of weeks I ended finding a double tail that looked similar to him, and long story short he ended up being named Goober II. I've had him for about a year now, and he loves watching my dad whenever he is on the couch in the living room :lol:

Oscar- is a super delta from Petco. Not too much of a story behind him besides that I just had to bring him home...

Yuki- I got because my first "fancy" betta was a blue butterfly halfmoon, and I have been dying for one ever since! So when I saw him I had to take him home!

Mochi- is my recent Aquabid purchase and I love him to death!

Betta Edithae- They are hilarious to watch! And they definitely know the difference between me and my family, which I find hilarious!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry for the blurry pics too! I have a horrible camera :oops: But I hope to be getting a better one eventually

These are my two cats- Butterbean and Sweetpea. Both are rescues. Sweetpea is around 13 years old, she is the calico/tabby mix, and Butterbean is 5 years old, he is the orange tabby.

Zip is a blue heeler, also known as an Australian cattle dog. Very high energy dogs! But she loves it one the farm!

Buckwheat and Jack are my two miniature horses. Buckwheat is the taller one. He is 34.5 inches, if I remember correctly. His coloring is silver dapple, and he about 27 years in age.
Jack is a bay pinto, and he stands at 28 inches. He is 9 years in age and my baby :-D I've had him since he was 6 months old and we have both taught ourselves many things along the way!

Also Speedy! I love my car :lol:

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks Nova! They are a mess XD

Just found out today that my betta hendra and betta api api will be shipped out today! So excited! :O

#6 ·
Thanks Nismo! She is my pride and joy, besides my animals XD

#8 ·
Me either! I just started setting up their tanks today. Going to clean sand tomorrow, and set up tanks on Saturday. I'm hoping my filters come in before my fish xD

#10 ·
Thank you Innerbeauty! Sure you can pet his nose! Just come on over XD He loves meeting new people!

#11 ·
I don't know why I am stalking everybody's bettas right now. I NEED one (....or 7) Your bettas are so preeet! Sweetpea is so pretty! I have a tabby male but he's all tabby (obv), I always liked the cali-tab color mix.
What's it like having mini horses? They are so cute!

#12 ·
Thanks Laki! I love my bettas <3 If you get the chance to get one you totally should, but be warned that they are like potato chips, you can't just have one xD Sweetpea appreciates your compliment! The cali-tabby mixes are always adorable, but I have always wanted a black cat, don't ask me why! I just do. They are like big horses just smaller xD and don't cost as much either! But they are something, and have big personalities! So don't let them fool, and I have never met one that didn't think it was big horse either.

#13 ·
I have spent some time looking at kits so .... soon. You're all a bad bunch! I have leftover guilt about re-homing my delta x male before I moved to NS. I took all my pets except my tank inhabitants (for obvious reasons). With my current tank being full of yellow fish I'm dying for a blue fish :)

Black cats are such a mixed bag. So hard to photograph. My old roommate has one that was hit by a car and now he's a floppy special cat. My FIL has one whose teeth and nails stick out like a halloween picture and my MIL has a young one who fetches!! >>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9dergBWMw4
So I'll go get some bettas and you go get some black cats!

#14 ·
Yeah I bet you are having a hard time with people on this page! They are horrible enablers xD I really wish I could get a black cat but my parents said no more animals! Except fish because they don't make messes and I pay for them. But one day I will get one, one day.

OMG your cat plays fetch?! That is adorable! I love it~ Mine just follow me around everywhere outside, mostly Sweetpea because I am her favorite. She's around 13 years old and she is my best buddy.

On an update for my journal: I received the bettas of the world poster today! I was suppose to get one but the seller messed up and I ended up with two. My dad saw the the picture of the betta macrostoma and instantly fell in love with them. Now he is telling me that whenever I get my 40 gallon tank that I need to buy a pair of those. I swear, between him and my grandma, I don't know who is the worse enabler D:

Here is a pic of the poster I got

#15 ·
Journal Update:

Got an email from Joty that my bettas finally got shipped out! :-D I emailed Linda to get the total of the shipping and paid that this morning so now I just have to wait to see when they will be coming in! With that news, I'll probably be cleaning some sand this evening and then setting up the tanks tomorrow, before I have to leave to go to a ceremony for my sister.

Mochi has decided that he doesn't want to be cellophane colored any more and has started to marble to black. Which I thought red and black "koi" patterned were suppose to marble red? I have no idea D: Some of his turquoise iridescent is starting to show up more too. I'm hoping however that his face stays white, so far it is *fingers crossed*.

Some more news too. I found a 40 gallon tank, bow front, with a stand, a Marine land filter and SolarMax H.O. double lighting system. It looks brand new or only maybe used once or twice. They are asking $190 for it but I figured if I could get it around $130-150 I'll probably be doing good since the lights cost about that much.

Also on another side note, I cannot wait for September! My local aquarium club is going to have someone come in from the IBC and talk about Wild Bettas. Super excited about that :blueyay:

#16 ·
Your miniatures are just too cute! I can see why Speedy is your pride and joy, lovely looking bug with nice paint. Gorgeous bettas too!

#17 ·
Thanks BettaLover! Speedy is pretty great but don't let the picture fool you. She does have some rust but I mean with original parts and an old paint job what can you expect xD

#19 ·
Yes I am so excited about the meeting! (I hope that is what you were talking about xD). You should start looking into it! If you get a bigger tank you can get two too ;-)

#20 · (Edited)
Well it is Wednesday and that means, Journal Update! :

So Alice ended up having velvet. Not too sure how she got it though :/ However she is all cured up now ^.^ Just has to go through another day of treatment just so I can make sure that it is gone. Everyone else is doing great! Loving life and swimming around happily.

I got my two tanks together yesterday for my pair of Betta Hendra and Betta Sp. Apiapi that are suppose to come in. I ordered my heater for the one tank and it came in yesterday, however I had to send it back for a replacement because it had a huge crack in it! O.O I hope that my replacement comes in before my fish do because I might end up having to make some type of arrangement for them :/ They haven't come in yet either. I emailed Linda because I already paid her in advance for shipment, so I'm waiting to hear back from her to see what is going on. I hope they get here safely!

So I ended up getting that 40 gallon tank. It turned out to be a nice tank! And I got an amazing price deal on it too. I have almost everything for it to be set up too. Just need to decide what filter I want to use since the people selling it ended up giving me more than one filter. I also need a heater for it, decorations (since I am not going to plant it), and food for the goldfish that I end up getting. It is coming along slowly! Oh also when I went to buy the tank I ended up meeting one of the news people from my local news station xD I thought it was pretty funny to run into one of them.

#21 ·
Journal Update:

My wilds got shipped out last night :O Hoping that they either come in today or tomorrow. Super excited!

#22 ·
Journal Update:

Got my wilds in today! They are super adorable and tiny ^.^

#24 ·
I will Aqua! Once my mom brings home the camera xD Although I don't know if I will be able to capture them since they seem so small, but I'll try!

#25 · (Edited)
Journal Update:

I would like to first state that I am so sorry that I don't have a pictures for your guys D: See we only have one camera in the house and it is about 10 years old, and it is my mom's. She likes to take it with her, since she lives out of state, but I promise once she comes home I will get some up for y'all!

Ok onward to the fish!

Alice is cured of her velvet :-D I put her back into her tank yesterday so I'll be keeping an eye on her since I didn't really treat her tank per say. All my wilds that came in last Thursday are doing good and have settled in well. Both of the wild males will come right up to the front of the tank for me too. I've slowly gotten them into eating frozen, and I'm hoping that my microworm starter culture will come in soon so I can start feeding them live.

I've gotten everything for my 40 gallon tank together! Going to set it up tomorrow after I clean sand this afternoon. :O Super excited! And so is my sister and dad, because they really want me to get a goldfish. xD Also I've already been thinking about themes for the tank too, and my sister has been helping me too, because she loves designing things.

Here are some themes that I am considering:
- Regular everyday theme with 1 fake plant and black/dark blue stones (since my room is blue)
- Spring Japanese/Sakura theme with 1 red betta bridge, 1 fake bonsai tree, 1 Buddha (?), and white/clear/pink stones
- Beach/Summer theme with blue/turquoise gems, and ?
- Something Golden with gold stones, and ?

That is all I have so far xD

#26 ·
Journal Update:

It's Wednesday! Time for a journal update :-D

I set up my 40 gallon! Yep Yee! It looks amazing too, and I wish I could share pictures with you guys but I can't because of my camera problem :-( But one day you guys will be able to see it. Now I just have to make sure my seeded material took and then get a fancy goldie~ I cannot wait! I really want a lionhead ranchu because 1) They are gorgeous and 2) They are adorable. I mean look at these guys! :shock:

On a side note, all my bettas are doing wonderful! *knock on wood* I got my wilds to eat small mosquito larva and they love them. The only problem that I am having is that I haven't seen my female Sp. Apiapi in about 2 days. I think the male is being "mean" to her and making her hide, and I have so many hiding spaces that I can't really find her. I'll be doing a small water change on Friday so I'll look for her then. Also I think I might sell my 2 surviving fry from my Betta Edithae's first hatching. They are kind of being aggressive towards my first female and they have become fry eaters, so out they go!

Nothing much else happening, which is how I like it! My horse's are already growing a winter coat, so it is going to be cold this winter :shock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.