Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Just letting you all know the Bookshelf 6.6 Gal tank with hood and filter is on sale from $50 to $35 at Petco
It comes with a hood, lights and a filter! Check your local Petco to see if they're on sale!

I just got one today, since it is on sale, and perfect for my bathroom.

Soon to be divided between two males and a NPT (waiting for growth in my other NPTs so that I have plants to stock this one).

YAY! I'm so excited ! Just gotta wait for my plant growth!

Just letting everyone know, you should probably check it out. I know I loved the tank and the look. But I wouldn't buy it for $50!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hey guys Just letting you all know the Bookshelf 6.6 Gal tank with hood and filter is on sale from $50 to $35 at Petco
It comes with a hood, lights and a filter! Check your local Petco to see if they're on sale!
Yep, they're pretty cool! I already had one, but I picked up another last week to divide for two of my boys. I got an old man from my boss (a rescue) and he's twice as big as my other fish, so he needs more than his temporary one-gallon.
The only catch with these tanks is you need to crank down the flow on the filter as it's pretty strong. Otherwise, my heavily planted bookshelf case looks great...you'll love it!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I still need to buy things for mine

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YAY! it's adjustable?! oh I haven't even opened it up yet lol. I need to divide it sometime soon though. Yay that makes me happy. I'm so glad I bought it!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Watch out, it scratches easily

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
? scratches easy? what does the tank?

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Yes, I used a paper towel to clean the front. Left a HUGE scratch on the front. -.-

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeah... it's acrylic, so of course it scratches easily.
Scratches are pretty easy to sand and buff out of acrylic, though, so don't let that discourage you! I love acrylic aquariums because they're so light, but yeah... the scratching thing is annoying!

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I will remember that!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Other than that, it's a perfect tank for a betta. :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
For those already running one, how loud is the filter? I got one a couple weeks ago, it's at home unopened - hubby thinks it is too big for the bathroom where I wanted it to go. I'm now pondering putting it on my dresser in the bedroom. I don't want to have to take it back :|

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
It's a little noisy if you have it up all the way, but I don't because of Romeo

·
Registered
692 Posts
I always wondered why this tank seemed overpriced, though xD

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
The 5 gallon minibow is about $55 not on sale

·
Registered
975 Posts
Maybe it was just mine, but that filter that came with the bookshelf kit I bought broke after only about 4-5 months of use. I loved it while it was working though - as long as the flow was turned down just right.
right now my tank is unfiltered - need to get a new filter for it. :)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm excited to set it up just waiting for my plants :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I also bought 2 :) gonna house some crystal red shrimps & sulawesi cardinal shrimps in the future :) eek!!

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
I also bought 2 :) gonna house some crystal red shrimps & sulawesi cardinal shrimps in the future :) eek!!
Is your dog biting his paw?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If I could have I would have bought 2. But mom was buying so I said oh it's only $35 so she was like oh okay that sounds better than $50.

Being in college means my parents fund my fishkeeping. Sucks having to study so much you can't work and have a good enough GPA at the same time. Med school will be no different lol SIGH

1 - 20 of 29 Posts