Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so my betta is either sick (i doubt... he still swims around a bit...) or very bored. i kinda feel bad for him, and I know that if they get bored, they could even die from it. I have two decorations inside my tank... 10 gallons... any ideas?

thanks!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Pics of the tank? I am sure you have a heater and change the water according to specs but has anything changed recently you may not have thought of?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Plants would help for sure. Live would be nice but you can get some nice silk plants, mostly so he can swim around and explore also hide when he wants to rest. What is the water temp like and have you tested the water recently? I know the peeps that know more will want to know that.

·
Registered
636 Posts
I agree with demonr6. Make sure your water temp is something like 76 to 82* and check your ammonia, etc. I think a couple of taller leafy plants would give your fish something to swim through too. :)

HOw long have you had your fish?
Has his behaviour changed recently?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Do a water/temp check first.Then if its seems ok,get a couple of taller fake plants to give more of a sense of cover for him.he will be able to move around with still having a secure feeling.

Tomsk

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
If you cant get live or dont think theyre for you, silk and soft plstic fakes are great. Make sure they cant snag hosiery, etc. I got a bunch from Petco, silk, and theyre quite nice and pretty big. Lots from Petsmart/TopFin, too!
You can also prowl around dollar stores, etc for tiny to largish terracotta pots and half stack them (like one on its side at the base, with another one verticalish leaning on it securely, etc), which is a fun place to play in ;B

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think he is fine..
i have a small terocatta pot here, 2.5 inches wide at the opening. it is painted blue though. i am not sure what type of paint it is though. is this ok? can i put it in there without hurting my betta? and is the size too small? do they like to hang in small places like that?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
NEVER put anything painted into an aquarium. Even if you wash the paint off the pot, I wouldn't use it. 2.5 inches seems a bit small.

How much and how often do you do water changes?
What is the temp?
Water parameters?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.