Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought 'assorted plants' from Petco, not the ones that they keep in a tubes, but the ones that they keep in a tank.

I have no clue what kind of plant they are though. Can any of you guys help me identify them so I know how to take care of them?

The first one looks like this:

And the second one looks like this:

I'm not sure if these images help, but I can take more if needed!
Thanks!

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome! Thanks, you guys! I was about to buy an Wisteria because the one I had looked so different from the pictures. And thanks for the site, Glitchsniffer! I will now lose many hours reading about plants.

They weren't in the greatest condition when I bought them, the bottom part of the moneywort had lost its leaves. I think cause they were not getting enough light. Hopefully, I can take care of them. If not, then I will just have to put them in a pot outside and hope for the best.

· Registered
2,456 Posts
The first is wisteria, I love that plant! The leaves may transform and look much different, I don't know if that is what the leaves look like if grown imersed or what.

The second is bacopa carolina, it is a really nice plant as well.

I would suggest having a plant light if you don't already. That is where most people mess up with plants, they don't have the correct bulb. A bulb around 6500k-6700k is best.

· Registered
399 Posts
Watch out at Petco,they sell alot of bog plants as aquarium plants!!
You should write down the name of the plant,search it and determine if it a true aquatic.
They will rip you off everytime.
As for the 2 you showed,the other posters ar right,I have Wistera that grows out of my 55g. and the leaves look like that.
When you get a plant light,put it on a timer,that way you can get 10-11 hours of light.
I run 4 strip lights on my 55g,2- I turn on,the other 2 are on timers.
Let me explain it:
I turn on one in the morning before I go to work,I turn the other 1 on right before I feed the fish and leave for work,1 is set to go on at 10am and go off at 10:30Pm,the other is set to go on at 11am and go off at 11:30 pm.
Imagine if you are in bed and someone comes in and turns on all the lights in the room(fish do not like that either)!!!!
Same if you doing somethin and someone turns out all the lights at once(confuses the fish also)!!!!
My Bettas are in my basement,I turn off the tank lights and leave the basment lights on for about 30 mins.to let them get settled before everything goes dark.
After awhile the fish know whats going on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.