Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had four harlequin rasboras for over a month now and I still don’t know which ones are boys and which are girls. They had them all in the same tank when I bought them. I have a feeling at least one of them is a girl because of her triangular stripe shape but the others I’m not sure. Please help me!
D5BFDFB4-53A8-4189-8BD3-292B9F8E91F4.jpeg
48BB8F53-3530-425C-A68C-2E7EE0AE1CB6.jpeg
F772BD4C-4A75-4826-8A11-5A1E18D29B4E.jpeg
A78DEE04-F168-446D-B27B-70D1E2EC56B9.jpeg

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry the last picture is a different angle than the others. I’m also pretty sure the last one is the girl. It’s so hard to get a good picture of them, with them zipping around so fast

·
Super Moderator
19,167 Posts
Males are smaller and more slender; females are larger and more rounded. That's the criteria I use.

I'd say you have three girls and a male (third photo). But two is questionable as females look like males immediately after expelling eggs but I'd still bet on female.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Males are smaller and more slender; females are larger and more rounded. That's the criteria I use.

I'd say you have three girls and a male (third photo). But two is questionable as females look like males immediately after expelling eggs but I'd still bet on female.
I’ve also heard (quiet a bit actually) that the top of the females marking is perfectly straight. There’s only two that match that description, one of which has been preforming the female mating ritual (trying to attract a mate) of flipping upside down and rubbing her belly on a leaf. I actually think the one doing this is one in the last picture. Two of them have more curved markings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts