Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I'm Witch Turtle, and l just became the proud owner of a beautiful blue male betta. I'm so glad I found this site, and I'm super excited to take great care of my new friend.

At the moment he is living in a one-gallon glass vase. Unfortunately I don't have a heater (yet) but we are having sweltering weather so I think it's okay for the short-term. He's quite active and seems happy & healthy... he eats enthusiastically, blows bubbles, and gets excited when he sees me. I definitely plan to get a bigger tank & heater soon, though. I'm eager to give him the best environment possible!

I've only had him a few days and plan to add a little substrate & an ornament for for him to swim around/ hide in when I do my first 100% water change. Any tips for preparing these items? I figured they should be sitting in the water while the conditioner works its magic, but is there anything special I should do in the way of cleaning them first?

Thanks everyone!:)

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Welcome! When rinsing/cleaning ornaments use super hot water and never ever use soap. Ive heard of people using white vinegar and I use baking soda but a nice hot rinsing is usually all you need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts