Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just introduced my brand new betta to my 2.6 gallon tank tonight. The tank was NOT previously cycled, so I know I will have to monitor water parameters carefully for the next few weeks.

My tank has an internal filter and a heater, as well as an LED top light. For some reason, my betta has been acting extremely sluggish for the past few hours after introducing him to the tank. He's been sitting on the gravel in the back of the tank, right next to the heater. Is he all right? Is he just a bit stressed from the introduction? I fed him earlier in the day already.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Typical Betta Behavior

Bettas like to relax, it's just their personality. It is this way for all betta's. About the heater. The betta knows it gives off heat and if the heater is not set properly the fish will always be near it trying to warm up. My African Dwarf Frog did the same thing but he died because he was cold blooded and the heater malfunctioned. I'll say just ajust your tempature. Other than that your betta's just fine. get him a friend. Only a couple will work here's a list.

Cory Catfish
Loach
Sail
African Dwarf Frog
Algee Eater (Sucker Fish)

Hope this helped.

·
Registered
719 Posts
It can take a while for bettas to warm up to their environment. Just keep an eye on him. Is he breathing alright? Did you use water conditioner? How's the temperature and did you let him acclimate?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bettas like to relax, it's just their personality. It is this way for all betta's. About the heater. The betta knows it gives off heat and if the heater is not set properly the fish will always be near it trying to warm up. My African Dwarf Frog did the same thing but he died because he was cold blooded and the heater malfunctioned. I'll say just ajust your tempature. Other than that your betta's just fine. get him a friend. Only a couple will work here's a list.

Cory Catfish
Loach
Sail
African Dwarf Frog
Algee Eater (Sucker Fish)

Hope this helped.
Thanks for the reply! It does seem like he is just "chilling" for a lot of the time! The heater works perfectly (I hope...) and I should be adding a snail in there soon! :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
See nothing to worry about. Glad I could help. If you need anything else just let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts