Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a short tail that i bought from the pet store. do u guys think its breeding material?

its also making bubble nests so thats why iim wondering

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
probably not.. it's very rare to get a betta from a pet store that people would breed. can you upload a picture?

also, just because he's making a bubble nest, doesn't mean you should breed him. my males nest all the time. doesn't mean i should breed them. :B my best bubble nester is a CT from walmart, a place i'd NEVER breed bettas from.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
there's a few good breeders on here, and off Aquabid. good breeders are Martinismommy, Bettascapes.... uumm.... there's a few others, but i can't remember off the top of my head. x-x if you're willing to import bettas from Thailand, your selection increases greatly

·
Registered
722 Posts
EvilVog is a breeder of giant bettas and he has some really nice looking fish available right now.

You can check the classified section to get a link to his website if you're interested in giant bettas.

Chard64 (I am not sure if I got the numbers at the end right!) Also sells on aquabid.

You can also head over to the IBC (International betta congress) and look into joining their organization if you're interested in betta breeding and showing your bettas.

Without seeing a picture of your fish you have now, no one would be able to tell if it's worth breeding.

Welsome to the forum though and grats on your new fish :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah i see. and thanx :)

well for me ill be posting up pix in the future because i dont have a camera :(.
and i just enjoy any betta elephants ears, dragons and hm are my favorite :).

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
I'd suggest you do as much research as possible before continuing on your choice of breeding bettas.

You can definitely read the stickies at the top of the betta breeding section page. You can basically know what it takes to get a spawn and raise them just from that, but extra help from other breeders here including myself, as well as some other sites such as www.bettysplendens.com and www.bettatalk.com. These two sites both have very good information on breeding and general care.

If you need any help finding a nice quality pair or with little tips or anything feel free to PM me anytime you wish.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd suggest you do as much research as possible before continuing on your choice of breeding bettas.

You can definitely read the stickies at the top of the betta breeding section page. You can basically know what it takes to get a spawn and raise them just from that, but extra help from other breeders here including myself, as well as some other sites such as www.bettysplendens.com and www.bettatalk.com. These two sites both have very good information on breeding and general care.

If you need any help finding a nice quality pair or with little tips or anything feel free to PM me anytime you wish.
okay thank you!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts