Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! So on top of Pavlov not eating his breakfast this morning, I noticed faint stress stripes and he seems to be attacking the bright purple leaves on his plant. Could it be that he thinks it's another betta? I might try picking him up a solid green one like Sherlock has to see if that helps. Thoughts? His tank's heated, and was just recently cleaned with a full water change scheduled for tomorrow. Also, he has one sea shell in his tank along with his cave and plants. He gets stripes whenever I take him out of his tank- could he still just be stressed from that?
Note: he was part of a psych study on aggression towards reflections so I wonder if that's just carrying over..?
I also recently added a Marimo moss ball but he just seems to ignore that.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
It certainly could be that he just doesn't like the plant. I'd at least try replacing it and see what happens. Oh, and I'd recommend silk plants rather than plastic - plastic can rip delicate betta fins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.