Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a 25% water change in my tank and treated the new water with stress coat for the first time. Came back a few hours later and the top of the tank/filter was frothy and bubbly like soap. I've also been treating with tetracycline for a few days but this didn't happen until adding the stress coat. I just sort of scooped most of the froth out... Is this just something that happens with stress coat? Or maybe brought on by the mixture with tetracycline? Is it harmful? :|

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That much? o.o I've heard that they do this but my entire intake for my filter was covered in soapy looking froth before I scooped it out.

-wow I was looking at pictures of more...that's insane

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's highly unlikely it's a bubble nest right there where water is pouring in... If my water surface has so much as a tiny ripple, his bubble nest is always popping and all he gets is a little string along the edge of the tank.
I have no idea what's causing the bubble/foam going on though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ah, I didn't see the water. Since Stress Coat has artificial slime in it, it's possible that's causing the foaming. I've never seen that though. Did you overdose it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Possible...the measurements are by 10gal. (dose is 5ml per 10g) I usually use betta safe which tells you how many drops per gal but wanted to try stress coat to help with healing. I did a teeny pour. (less than 1ml). But I didn't dump a ton in there. I just checked and there's still a lot of froth so I scooped some out but he seems ok...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts