Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The past few days I’ve noticed a bunch of bubbles in the corner of my tank and the continued to grow, I think my little Sushi has been busy making a huge bubble nest!!
First off, here’s my Sush-man (Sushi) I got a semi-good photo of him finally, again, it isn’t the worlds best, but it’s the best one i got of him so far.

And here’s his massive bubble nest

·
Registered
878 Posts
WOW! That is huge! Sushi is doing a really good job. ;)

Reactions: littlescallop33

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have 4 male Bettas all very happy in separate planted 8-10 Gallons each but non have ever made bubble nests
:( they have literally everything a Betta can want !! Do most make them ? Can I do anything to encourage it ? :) I’d be so happy to see one of my boys make one!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The past few days I’ve noticed a bunch of bubbles in the corner of my tank and the continued to grow, I think my little Sushi has been busy making a huge bubble nest!!
First off, here’s my Sush-man (Sushi) I got a semi-good photo of him finally, again, it isn’t the worlds best, but it’s the best one i got of him so far. View attachment 1019432
And here’s his massive bubble nest View attachment 1019433 View attachment 1019434
Update: I was gone all day and it got even bigger

·
Super Moderator
19,930 Posts
Bubble nesting is hit or miss. Some Betta make them and some don't. Some make them for a while and then quit. Some make them and they're gone before the owner really sees them. They are connected to sexual maturity. Nothing to do with environment or care although.....If you haven't, float a piece of Indian Almond Leaf; that will sometimes trigger it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have 4 male Bettas all very happy in separate planted 8-10 Gallons each but non have ever made bubble nests
:( they have literally everything a Betta can want !! Do most make them ? Can I do anything to encourage it ? :) I’d be so happy to see one of my boys make one!!!
It all depends on your betta itself, I’ve heard that the humidity helps encourage some, but I have no clue how true that is. But I agree with Russell 100% tho, it is a hit or miss and has to do with the betta itself.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Bubble nesting is hit or miss. Some Betta make them and some don't. Some make them for a while and then quit. Some make them and they're gone before the owner really sees them. They are connected to sexual maturity. Nothing to do with environment or care although.....If you haven't, float a piece of Indian Almond Leaf; that will sometimes trigger it.
So healpful thanks :D maybe one day hahaha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts