Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

Registered
Oh yay! I remember finding my betta鈥檚 first bubble nest too, so exciting. I had double the excitement on the day when my other betta made his since he鈥檚 a rescue; I thought of that as a sign that he was finally happy 馃槉

Did you take a picture of it? (I鈥檓 weird and I take pictures of practically everything lol)

What I felt bad about, was ruining it when I cleaned the tank. I still don鈥檛 like to see them get destroyed and I try to avoid it.. but so far that鈥檚 been impossible. I guess if nothing else, it gives them something to do when they build a new one :unsure:

Registered
Blue
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yay! I remember finding my betta鈥檚 first bubble nest too, so exciting. I had double the excitement on the day when my other betta made his since he鈥檚 a rescue; I thought of that as a sign that he was finally happy 馃槉

Did you take a picture of it? (I鈥檓 weird and I take pictures of practically everything lol)

What I felt bad about, was ruining it when I cleaned the tank. I still don鈥檛 like to see them get destroyed and I try to avoid it.. but so far that鈥檚 been impossible. I guess if nothing else, it gives them something to do when they build a new one :unsure:
Oh I did. Is the picture not showing? I take pictures of everything too. Really I do hahaha i guess if 2 or more people do or think the same then that makes us normal and not weird? Haha I just think the bubble nest is cute. I know they make them just because too. Lol I just think it鈥檚 cute. 馃憤

How鈥檚 the little rescue doing?

Registered
Oh it does show! For some reason it was not showing on my phone.. maybe I should stop ignoring the update it's trying to push on me in case that is why 馃槅

He is doing great. His fins are growing in nicely (still not quite there, I think) and he's put on weight. In fact.. I dare say that while he is not technically as large as my other, he might be chubbier 馃槀

He has the cutest little tail! I always wonder if he thinks no one can see him while he's in there haha

Buuut on topic! Here is one of his bubble nests!

I love how your boy not only made his nest, but then also decided to add some bubbles here and there. I see a few random around your heater and plant too lol

Registered
Blue
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love all these pictures and video. He鈥檚 gorgeous!!!!!! 馃槏馃槏馃槏 that鈥檚 so cute where he鈥檚 trying to hide! We see you!!! 馃槑 wow! Forget bubble nest! His is a bubble palace! Hahaha Blues nest is starting to spread too. One side is going towards the filter and the other side going towards the front of tank. Just a starting so very little. I鈥檓 going to do a water change tomorrow so I wonder if he will make one again. The amm is like 0-0.25, added prime so I鈥檒l check it again tomorrow. Also the bubbles are piling up and getting higher haha it鈥檚 pretty cool to see.

Also I stacked the little donut stones but he doesn鈥檛 go through the bottom even though I made him a little extravagant entrance with the Anubias in front of the moss on coconut shell which are all in front of that. He only goes through the top one. Hahaha maybe he鈥檚 scared.

Registered
That is actually super funny. Mine won't go through the top, only bottom. They'd make great roomies 馃槅 I think since they're a fairly new additions to our tanks, they might get the courage eventually. I loooove the little mossy.. is it half a coconut hide? It is so cute that Blue is expanding his nest. Is he building a new layer on top of it?

The floating wood you see in my picture is actually a second piece of driftwood. This time I did not soak it for a long time, so after I glued the small plants to it, it turned upside down and created a floating planting island.. and now I kind of wish it wouldn't sink because he LOVES to hang out underneath it, in the middle of the leaves lol

Registered
Blue
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lol!!! 馃槀 that鈥檚 so funny! I didn鈥檛 even realize that was driftwood! That鈥檚 kind of cute though floating island. He鈥檚 like a big fish compared to the 鈥渋sland鈥 going through the leaves protecting it. Haha

They would make good roomies. You already know he鈥檚 going to call top bunk. Haha He is definitely expanding it. I never see him do it although it see that it got taller. He must be trying to tell me something because when I go over to the tank he swims to it and back to me. Like, 鈥渨hatever you are, all I know is you bring me food. Look! It鈥檚 a bubble nest. Bring me a GF鈥 or maybe telling me to stay away from it haha

As for the bridge someone mentioned that it was coconut I forgot who. I looks like it when I turned it over. My brother surprised me with it. I went through the whole panic of random plants from random place and figuring out how to put them in without hitchhikers haha ended up jungle clear water and the plants are doing fine. No unknowns yet.

Registered
I was so excited after I feed Mando this morning while sitting on the couch I heard a thud on his aquarium lid. I went over to see what was happening and he was building his fist bubble nest in months. I noticed his one plant was floating on top where it got loose also. So I went to get my phone to take a picture. When I got back Gary the nerite was over there and 2/3 of the bubbles are gone and Mando moved on. I think Gary is taking his job a little to seriously. Lol he is always on the move to keep the tank walls spotless. Here the pic of what is left. Still excited he was making one. Hope you can still see it. He was in the process of making it when Gary showed up.

Attachments

Registered
Blue
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was so excited after I feed Mando this morning while sitting on the couch I heard a thud on his aquarium lid. I went over to see what was happening and he was building his fist bubble nest in months. I noticed his one plant was floating on top where it got loose also. So I went to get my phone to take a picture. When I got back Gary the nerite was over there and 2/3 of the bubbles are gone and Mando moved on. I think Gary is taking his job a little to seriously. Lol he is always on the move to keep the tank walls spotless. Here the pic of what is left. Still excited he was making one. Hope you can still see it. He was in the process of making it when Gary showed up.
I can definitely see it! Nice try Mando! Ohhhh Gary! Hahaha at least he鈥檚 efficient at his job. He鈥檚 like, 鈥淚 don鈥檛 owe you anything for housing and feeding me. I know what I have to do. Fish these days always leaving their bubbles everywhere!鈥 Lol Did you get his name from spongebob? Cute!

Registered
I can definitely see it! Nice try Mando! Ohhhh Gary! Hahaha at least he鈥檚 efficient at his job. He鈥檚 like, 鈥淚 don鈥檛 owe you anything for housing and feeding me. I know what I have to do. Fish these days always leaving their bubbles everywhere!鈥 Lol Did you get his name from spongebob? Cute!
Yes I did lol

Registered
I can see it too! Looks like he did with @FeatherHearts ' Blue did and decided to expand and bubble around the plants too. Super cute 馃槅

Speaking of Gary the super cleaner, have you had any issues with eggs sticking everywhere? I am going to assume you have not since it's a male; but perhaps you have had/have females too and have some experience when it comes to it. I have not seen any yet with mine but I am not sure if they're males or females and I heard sometimes when they are new, it can take a bit of time before they start to lay eggs.

Registered
I can see it too! Looks like he did with @FeatherHearts ' Blue did and decided to expand and bubble around the plants too. Super cute 馃槅

Speaking of Gary the super cleaner, have you had any issues with eggs sticking everywhere? I am going to assume you have not since it's a male; but perhaps you have had/have females too and have some experience when it comes to it. I have not seen any yet with mine but I am not sure if they're males or females and I heard sometimes when they are new, it can take a bit of time before they start to lay eggs.
I don鈥檛 have any in Mandos tank but Clark鈥檚 has a few but the girls and my big tank has 2 nerite s in the and there are a bunch in the big one and several in the girls but not as many since I put the albino coryes and the panda Cory in their tank. My big tank has green and gold corys in it and the tank has tons of eggs I tried to scrape off like they say and it was just taking to long. So I don鈥檛 think they are doing anything with them. Lol

Registered
Lol I just don鈥檛 care since I won鈥檛 have babies. I just trying to get rid of my other snail invasion. I finally saw winter soldier and he needs to do a better job of being a snail assassin. I found him burying in the gravel for 2 days and then went to the drift wood and that was after he was MIA for a week. Lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts