Betta Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

Registered
Neptune & Pinky. SIP Geneva, Saturn, Ruby, and Crystal.
I was so excited after I feed Mando this morning while sitting on the couch I heard a thud on his aquarium lid. I went over to see what was happening and he was building his fist bubble nest in months. I noticed his one plant was floating on top where it got loose also. So I went to get my phone to take a picture. When I got back Gary the nerite was over there and 2/3 of the bubbles are gone and Mando moved on. I think Gary is taking his job a little to seriously. Lol he is always on the move to keep the tank walls spotless. Here the pic of what is left. Still excited he was making one. Hope you can still see it. He was in the process of making it when Gary showed up.
Where did you get that huge moss ball?

Premium Member
Little Prince, Elephant Ears
My Little Prince has made 3 or 4 bubble nests since we got him last September. Unfortunately, I don't have the pics. But this is like a studio photoshoot of him across his floating tree trunk. He didn't need any encouragement to get in. He just did as soon as he got in and he really, really loves to be inside. His other favorite is to get inside the Sponge Bob house (sometimes facing out, others showing only his tail and even watching from the windows).

Attachments

Premium Member
Little Prince, Elephant Ears
My Little Prince has made 3 or 4 bubble nests since we got him last September. Unfortunately, I don't have the pics. But this is like a studio photoshoot of him across his floating tree trunk. He didn't need any encouragement to get in. He just did as soon as he got in and he really, really loves to be inside. His other favorite is to get inside the Sponge Bob house (sometimes facing out, others showing only his tail and even watching from the windows).
CORRECTION!!! I FOUND ONE picture of his bubble nest.馃槃

Attachments

Registered
Blue
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
He is so cute! Over here playing peek a boo with the camera haha

Registered
So cool! I love your frogbit too :love:

Has your boy tried to build underneath the IAL yet? I noticed that some do when the leaf floats on top, I always push mine down so I have not checked to see if mine will, but perhaps I should try that next time I refresh the leaves :)

Registered
Blue
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So cool! I love your frogbit too :love:

Has your boy tried to build underneath the IAL yet? I noticed that some do when the leaf floats on top, I always push mine down so I have not checked to see if mine will, but perhaps I should try that next time I refresh the leaves :)
Lol! Is it frogbit? I was told water lettuce! They lied to me hahaha I鈥檓 glad you like it! 馃槉

you know I haven鈥檛 checked to see if he built the bubble nest under it either because after I took the picture the leaf sank hahaha If yours does share a picture! Hehe

Registered
Lol! Is it frogbit? I was told water lettuce! They lied to me hahaha I鈥檓 glad you like it! 馃槉

you know I haven鈥檛 checked to see if he built the bubble nest under it either because after I took the picture the leaf sank hahaha If yours does share a picture! Hehe
Uhhhh I don't know for sure, now I am second guessing it despite having some LOL I am sort of helpless when it comes to plants, so I could be 110% wrong! I just thought with the shape and the pretty underside(... I don't even know what the long flowy things are called 馃槀 ), it might be frogbit like mine lol

No bubble nest under my leaves, sadly. Possibly my fault since I always push them below surface since my guys like to rest on them lol I should try to float the next I add just to see, though!

Registered
Blue
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Uhhhh I don't know for sure, now I am second guessing it despite having some LOL I am sort of helpless when it comes to plants, so I could be 110% wrong! I just thought with the shape and the pretty underside(... I don't even know what the long flowy things are called 馃槀 ), it might be frogbit like mine lol

No bubble nest under my leaves, sadly. Possibly my fault since I always push them below surface since my guys like to rest on them lol I should try to float the next I add just to see, though!
Take a picture for the floating IAL leaf. I want to see if yours will sleep on it while it floats. Haha so cute! And no worries on the plants. As long as it鈥檚 surviving in my tank than I鈥檓 allllll good! 馃槉

Registered
ake a picture for the floating IAL leaf. I want to see if yours will sleep on it while it floats.
I will try my best lol

One of the boys likes to sleep on top of his floating water sprite.. sometimes part of his fin sticks out of the water and I鈥檓 always wondering if he鈥檚 going to dry out :eek: It wouldn鈥檛 entirely surprise me if he tried to somehow get on top of a floating leaf also!

Registered
Blue
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I will try my best lol

One of the boys likes to sleep on top of his floating water sprite.. sometimes part of his fin sticks out of the water and I鈥檓 always wondering if he鈥檚 going to dry out :eek: It wouldn鈥檛 entirely surprise me if he tried to somehow get on top of a floating leaf also!
That鈥檚 so funny. I feel the same about him drying out. Blue swims around with his fin out of the water sometimes. I think he thinks he鈥檚 a shark. Dun Na Dun Na Dunnadunnadunna!!! 馃槀

Registered
Neptune & Pinky. SIP Geneva, Saturn, Ruby, and Crystal.
Yeah? What's the point of them jumping on top of something without water? Lol. I had a top of a betta cup in my bettas tank. He saw me and was excited! But... He jumped on top of the top. :( At least I was there to help him. Lol.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts