Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My betta Hawke has a 5 gal tank to himself and he's been trying to make a bubble nest lately but the surface current from the filter messes it up. I want to try to help him by making it possible for him to make one since he seems kinda bummed out about it. I already baffled the filter and I know about the styrofoam cup trick but I really don't want to do the styrofoam cup trick because it's ugly. So are there any other ways I could section off a space from the current for a bubblenest in a way that looks natural?

·
Registered
82 Posts
For my 5 gallon I used a small piece of plastic mesh from the craft section (the same stuff I used to make a divider) and cut it to fit in where the water comes out. So far it seems to baffle the water nicely and doesn't stick out as much as a bottle or cup, easier to clean to :)

·
Registered
785 Posts
I've seen my guy build a nest in his betta log and behind his filter so I'm sure that yours can do it too just he hasn't spent enough time finding a good spot.

For my baffle I use a piece of filter media on the outflow of my filter and it slows it down pretty good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts