Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think its pace is too fast for Ra? Should i turn it on just for a little exercise?
Its a 3.5gal

Attachments

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
He probably won't make bubble nests with it on at all. I can't really tell how fast it is from a still picture.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
He probably won't make bubble nests with it on at all. I can't really tell how fast it is from a still picture.
its pretty quick and if he stopped moving he gets slightly taken in the current.
Is there a way to slow it down?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I had that tank... What you do is turn the top of the air pump, loosen it. You'll notice it slows the current. I had mine about halfway and it had a nice amount of bubbles but not a strong current of them. Ben loved watching the bubbles, but sadly I took the tank back when he started getting sick from it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had that tank... What you do is turn the top of the air pump, loosen it. You'll notice it slows the current. I had mine about halfway and it had a nice amount of bubbles but not a strong current of them. Ben loved watching the bubbles, but sadly I took the tank back when he started getting sick from it.
Damn that worked! and Ra chases the bubbles...what do u mean urs got sick from it? What he get sick from?

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I think my water or conditioner reacted to the plastic, Ben loved the tank then one day he started acting funny. I loved the tank too lol Just as a precaution I took the tank back :)

Glad it worked!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think my water or conditioner reacted to the plastic, Ben loved the tank then one day he started acting funny. I loved the tank too lol Just as a precaution I took the tank back :)

Glad it worked!
Oh well so far Ra hasnt reacted badly to the conditioner nor Capt Nemo, the algae eater...so I guess I'll just keep watching him. Thanks for the advice tho! :-D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I bought this tank for my girlfriend when she got her first betta. Alli (the betta) loved to look at the bubbles and swim down the tube to the bottom plate that the substrate sat on....eventually we took it out (the tube) when she kept going down it. She later died :( but now she has a male betta in there and he enjoys watching the bubbles....has yet to think swimming down it is a good idea xD

·
Registered
269 Posts
I got that tank and was going to use it for my betta but I didn't even bother putting the tube in or using the bubbler. The tube just seemed like a death trap! I later found a better tank so I took it back though :p

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
I bought one with the bubbler (1 gal Aquaview or something) and I noticed the most shocking case of tail nipping (which I first thought was rot) after it. I have since turned it off and now his tail is healing a great pace! I thought Lakitu loved bubbles too bc we have a syringe which we play with him with but the quicker the bubbles the worse he seeemd to get :/

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought one with the bubbler (1 gal Aquaview or something) and I noticed the most shocking case of tail nipping (which I first thought was rot) after it. I have since turned it off and now his tail is healing a great pace! I thought Lakitu loved bubbles too bc we have a syringe which we play with him with but the quicker the bubbles the worse he seeemd to get :/
Oh thats horrible! Ra's doing a lot better now that its going 1 bubble every 3-4 secconds

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Eeek wet ferret!! Loves!!

But yes, I left mine in and Ben actually got upset if it was off LOL this tank has a stopper on the top to prevent bettas from going down the tube... I always kept my water at the top of the tube so Ben couldn't get to it anyways.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Eeek wet ferret!! Loves!!

But yes, I left mine in and Ben actually got upset if it was off LOL this tank has a stopper on the top to prevent bettas from going down the tube... I always kept my water at the top of the tube so Ben couldn't get to it anyways.
lol that was her first bath last night cuz we got her a lil earlier last night, her name is Misty and shes under 6mos

I keep mine at the top of the tube as well and Ra has expressed no interest to go down it whatsoever. And he's been in it since thursday.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had 5 ferrets at once before, love the little critters. I have pet rats now, and cant have ferrets anymore.
Wow...shes my first ever lol my boyfriend has had 6 in the past so he and my best friend are the go to for everything ferret i need. I love her to pieces lol and ive had to two days lol

·
Registered
4,976 Posts
Ferrets are awesome!! I don't have, or ever will, have any. I am currently helping out my small animal rescue raise the funds to help 2 ferrets they have in with adrenal disease:( Makes me sad. BUT they're awesome little guys! I love the bath pic! <3

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ferrets are awesome!! I don't have, or ever will, have any. I am currently helping out my small animal rescue raise the funds to help 2 ferrets they have in with adrenal disease:( Makes me sad. BUT they're awesome little guys! I love the bath pic! <3
Oh after we trade her to my boyfriends dad- cuz hes who shes intended for, im just fostering- I told my bf we're getting two more...Ill take them over cats lol And it was her first bath ever shes only 6mos and she was terrified lol only to roll all over her toys to dry off more lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.