Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sincerely think that my betta absolutely hates bubbles. He pops them at the surface when they're made from an airstone (took that out) and when they occasionally come from the filter. Sometimes he'll catch a bubble that escaped sitting at the edge of the tank and swim up close to it and give it the evil eye until it pops. The funniest is when he goes up for air and accidentally makes a bubble because it surprises him and he either thinks its food and gets excited only to be let down, or he pops it.
Does this mean that my betta is completely opposed to ever having kids? I cant remember the last time he made a bubble nest. I wish he would though. I feel like that would have been one of the first things he did after I finally got a heater so he doesn't turn int an ice cube again... I understand that I cant make him do anything and I can live without a bubble nest as long as he lives for a couple more years. It would be nice to see one though.
Do any of you guys have a betta that does this?

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it, he just doesn't see the need to make them, or maybe he likes keeping his tank clean lol. If you really want bubbles you can try showing him a female (not actually putting them together) and see if he starts to build one. My moms fish wouldn't build one till we got him a bigger tank.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He made a bubble nest today!!
I caught him in the middle of it and he got embarassed, but I left him alone for the rest of the day and he had a pretty good nest started. I had to mess it up a little because I had to insert a bed for him, but I think if I keep doing what I'm doing, they'll get bigger and more impressive!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.