Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mean little fisheh
No bloodworms for you.

I was giving him a flake, and as my finger got near the tank, I dropped it and put my finger inside, away from the flake. Well, I thought he was going to go after the flake, but he darted over and bite me D:<

It didn't hurt, but the effect of him jumping up so fast actually scared me.

Funny little betta gets no bloodworms haha

·
Registered
722 Posts
I love it when my guys bite my fingers :D I have 3 now that get so excited at feeding time they bounce up and down trying to get to my hand like they are little kids jumping on furniture. That is until they see the pellet floating around in the tank... then they calm down and get down to business. :D

The first time they bit me it scared me too because I wasn't expecting it hehe, now I just find it adorable. :D

Edited to add: They don't call em "biting fish" for nothing :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
I love my fish nibbles. They get so excited they can't help it.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sure after awhile I won't mind it.

But it really scared me haha

·
Registered
420 Posts
My betta Junior bit me for the first time the other day. The funny part is I had a hunch it was going to happen. That day I came home from work and had on a bright orange long sleeved shirt. I went to fix something in his tank and thought to myself “take the shirt off first” knowing how betta’s can be towards other fish with bright colors. Needless to say I didn’t take heed to my first thought. Sure enough he bit my finger. Once I took the shirt off he was fine. I laughed and realized my little man was protecting his domain. Gotta love him :)

·
Registered
901 Posts
I like it when the nibble :) They even have different nibbles. Chicory politely but firmly nips. Ghost is a pirhana with fancy fins. Lavatail likes to nuzzle. And Indigo thinks its all beneath him.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had no idea their nibbles were different haha :D

All I know is that my finger is more delectable than the food :3

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
That is too funny..when I first started feeding sammy his pellets on my finger, yes he was soo exited to get that pellet, when he jumped up and grabbed the pellet and I felt the bite..wow..I jumped too.. after a while I got used to it, I think it scared him too..becuz I jumped and pulled my hand outta the tank so fast, that he swam away.. and was hesitant to come to the top again for the food, but I drop 2 in, and let him get those first, and then the last one on the finger.. and I prepare myself mentally, and know ok, don't jump back, now we both can handle it fine..lol:)

·
Registered
177 Posts
The only thing my fish does is make bubbles. <><

1 - 10 of 10 Posts