Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My name's Jonni (pronounced Johnny- i am a girl). and i've finally decided to sign up for this forum instead of my occasional lurking for tips and questions I have about my pal Bullseye.
I've been a betta owner since I was 12 with help from my mother, and i'm now 18 and keeping my own fish since I was 16.
My current little guy is Bullseye who i've had for just over a year now (picked him up in May 2013 after the loss of my 5 year old big blue boy named Bubby. He's still missed.)
I just upgraded Bullseye's tank from Bubby's old 1.5 gallon to a nice and roomy 3 gallon half-moon tank. My boy is getting big and I figure he needs some room to spread out his fins.
Bullseye is recovering from a quick catch of fin rot, I caught it early and it's mostly gone now. Bubby also had it, but I didn't know how to treat it so unfortunately his fins weren't the most attractive. He did recover after I treated it, and swam happily until he ended up dying from what I assume was old age.

his tank does need some changes. i'm looking in to new plants for him.
also, when i first bought him he was all red, hence the name Bullseye. As he grew his purple came through and that's the majority of his color now. I still like his name, though! It fits. He's full of energy and is always on the move. I love my boy.

Along with my fish I also have two rats and two kittens (going on 9 weeks old now).

Hopefully I can get to know some of you! Can't wait to see all of your lovely pets. :)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Jonni. A big welcome to you and Bullseye! I love Bullseye's coloring. Very pretty. Glad to have you guys here!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow, he's got some nice contrast on him there. Lovely fish :)

Yay kitties :3 I bet they're a handful. Guessing they're siblings?
Thanks! I love Bullseye's colors, too. Look especially vibrant in the light.
And oh gosh they are a handful but they do keep each other busy. They're sisters, yes. :) Almost 9 weeks old now.

Hello and welcome to you and Bullseye :wave:
Thank you!:)

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Thanks! I love Bullseye's colors, too. Look especially vibrant in the light.
And oh gosh they are a handful but they do keep each other busy. They're sisters, yes. :) Almost 9 weeks old now.
Bahaha, yup, I know the feels. I have a pair of half sibs 1 year apart. The older one was horrible to the point we actually named her Monster. She would constantly bite and even draw blood and nothing could deter her till we got her sister. Pudge taught her sister some manners (and bad habits of thievery!) and neither bite unless provoked and rarely scratch. It reminds me of misty of chincoteague where the baby taught the mother the manners xD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts