Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok I noticed this a few days back, but today I'm more concerned since it certainly isn't going away. do you guys see little white bumps on my boy's fins? this marks where his finnage has started growing ever since I got him. They are more pronounced in his top fin.
These raised bumps dont seem like they will go away. Any idea what caused it?

This was him 1.5 weeks ago.

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
It may be because it is new growth. I find that finnage rarely grows back the way it used to, or as my youngster Red showed me, growing fins can become "off" in appearance. I am noticing on your fella that the caudal and dorsal has a distinct line of where it began growing.

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It may be because it is new growth. I find that finnage rarely grows back the way it used to, or as my youngster Red showed me, growing fins can become "off" in appearance. I am noticing on your fella that the caudal and dorsal has a distinct line of where it began growing.
what you notice is exactly what I mean sena :( i'm thinking that his time at petco stunted his growth and is causing all these bumps when his fina finally has a chance to grow again.. grr

·
Registered
11,653 Posts
Perhaps... It very possible. Red's tail was round, then the black lace broke off and made way for MORE finnage :lol: and the new growth is a lot more thin that the fins he had!

·
Registered
901 Posts
He looks much happier and more colorful.

Just tell everyone that the "watermark" on his fins makes him extra unique, because it is quite interesting. And as long as it doesn't seem to be bothering him....

·
Registered
785 Posts
My guy Gandalf has a single "bubble", as you will, on his anal fin. He is a tail biter and it is located where it started to regrow. I believe that it may be something like scar tissue, but again I am no expert.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
He looks like he's still really quite young.. and I just wanted to say what a lovely, healthy fish he looks. Cute too! ^^

And wow, that's some rapid fin growth.. makes me wonder if he was indeed a bit stunted before, and has just exploded in growth in your care.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts