Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet Penelope.
She enjoys hopping around the house at lightning speed.
She loves grapes and lettuce.
She loves being petted. She doesn't like to be picked up.
She begs for food, like a dog, but her begging is more like demanding.
Look what she did to my cereal:

She loves eating. Always... She seriously never stops:

:)

·
Premium Member
3,611 Posts
So cute! I love the close up :)

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
AW I love Penelope! <3<3 My bunny hates being picked up too. Better be careful with sugary treats like that cereal and milk!! Bunnies are lactose intolerant and although they'll eat it (my old mini-rex got into a bag of chips once) they should be carefully monitered to watch for any pooping/GI issues.
Just so you know.

She's so pretty <3

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Any milk is still unsafe for bunnies. It's not required in their diet as adults. They should only get their pellets, water, hay and fruits/veggies. I don't know the science on why they shouldn't and she'll probably eat it and look okay but I would never risk introducing things like that to my rabbits.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Did I willingly give milk to my rabbit?
No.
Did I offer the cereal to Penny?
No.
I did not offer it to her because it was MINE and she had her own food in her cage which was open at the time. She gets excercise for hours at a time, and is in her pen at night or when we can't keep an eye on her.

She simply smelled something sweet, then jumped into my food bowl while I was on the couch.

I shoo'ed her away angrilly, thought for a minute, then decided to get the camera phone and took a picture of Penelope cleaning herself under the table.
:(

Penelope also has a tendency to chew on human hair while the humans aren't looking. Trust me, it has happened to me.
She has learned to leap into the refridgerator to steal food when we open it. We are currently finding ways to discourage this.
Today, she tried to dig the door to open the fridge.
She can open room doors.
She enjoys jumping on our chests while we slumber...

The cereal incident isn't the strangest antic she has done.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
She sounds like quite the character!! (also, no need to push rudeness in my face. I was merely making a recomendation to keep milk products from her. I know what some rabbits are like bc I had one just like it! Thought she was starving! )

I tried having sleepovers in my rabbit proofed bedroom before but my old bunny pee'd on my pillow (woke up to it, pleasant...) and my current bunny does all her chewing at night so I couldn't sleep!!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Adorable bunny! Hehe, doesnt even look guilty :p Laki, you did sound a teensy bit offensive in your post, so I can see why the OP responded the way they did. You guys got each other all wrong xD

·
Registered
500 Posts
She sounds like quite the character!! (also, no need to push rudeness in my face. I was merely making a recomendation to keep milk products from her. I know what some rabbits are like bc I had one just like it! Thought she was starving! )

I tried having sleepovers in my rabbit proofed bedroom before but my old bunny pee'd on my pillow (woke up to it, pleasant...) and my current bunny does all her chewing at night so I couldn't sleep!!
Personally I didnt read rudeness. I read matter-of-factness.

Reading other's words online can be tricky because we cant hear tone of voice or see their body language.

:)

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
OMG adorable! I'm hoping to get my bf a bunny, he just dont know it yet. His birthday is in Sept and as long as the landlords say its ok I'm going to start gathering things over the summer. He's got a soft post for the mini rexs.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I'm actually in contact with a breeder. I want to get one as young as I can for training purposes and longevity :p I want to be able to litter train and leash train.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
He'll have a big indoor cage, I'm contemplating using a cage similar to a chinchilla's. It's tall vs long but the bunnies are small and we dont have room for a super long cage, tall we can do :p I'd close off the top until they were litter trained, and then they could hop all around. and get up high enough to look out the window

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
oh no I only plan on one, boy, and then I also have plans to get him neutered. Sorry about the confusion

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
the boys are smaller and really laid back if you get them neutered. I know it sounds completely weird neutering a rabbit but it's just like dogs, they calm down and become easier to train. My bf had a boy bunny when he was younger so I want to get him another boy. This is of course if our landlord says we can. I'm supposed to be getting a call soon I hope.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts