Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I am so proud of them!
As for coloring, I have no idea what Zubeia is - I only know Avizandum is butterfly because I was told.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Time for an update!
It's time for bed and in the morning, my fry will be 1 week old (from when they hatched).
I noticed a few dead fry near the beginning possibly because I removed the male too soon? Today I noticed 5 dead fry bodies
I've been cleaning minimally with a turkey baster and slowly adding to the water level. Most of what I clean is snail poop from the 3 nerite snails I put in there to be the clean up crew so I'm not even sure if it was worth adding them.
Yesterday I did a count and spotted about 40 fry. Originally I had guessed 30-40. Sadly I expect some more loss as this is my first time raising fry.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A lot of the fry are acting strange, sitting on the bottom of the tank face first. I'm worried I did something wrong!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday I moved all the fry to their 20 gallon long grow out tank with only a couple gallons of water in it. 3/4 of them were not doing well, the other 1/4 seemed fine. I thought maybe putting them in some cleaner water would help.
Today I noticed a lot of deaths and inactive fry, about 1/4 are still acting normally.
I seriously have no idea what I'm doing, I am going to be devastated if they continue dying.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More fry have passed but theres at least a few that are still okay. 😢
I am reconditioning mom and dad and will be attempting to spawn them again soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry for you that so many passed! I know that feeling too well, when they die for no reason. I think it's normal to loss some, but not the majority of them. Did you conditioning the water before adding it? I think it ist also important that it has the same temperatur. And dont worry about the snail poo, its way better than uneaten fry food

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did condition the water and make sure the temperature was the same.
I thought maybe the snail poop would make the ammonia spike but that is good to know, thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There's about ten or so fry still alive, I think some will die but some seem to be doing well.
When I released momma into the spawning tank, I saw her and the dad wrap within 30mins, they really like each other.
Huge bubble nest this morning but no eggs yet I don't think.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A few of the original fry are still doing well, unsure about the other 5 or so.
Tons of eggs in the bubble nest, removed mama this morning.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A few more original fry passed but a few are still doing okay, I hope they make it. 🥺
Eggs all hatched as of tonight, Avizandum has been a super busy dad today. Theres way more fry than last time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
3 original fry are still alive!
Most of the new fry are free swimming, I think tomorrow night will be time to remove Avizandum and feed the fry? I think there are maybe 100 fry this time so double compared to the first time.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks OrangeCrown!
Everyone is is doing well today! I will remove Avizandum tonight and feed everyone :giggle:

·
Registered
7 Posts
It sounds like you're doing everything you can to take care of so many little guys! Very excited to see how they turn out with such gorgeous parents.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts