Betta Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm completely new to this forum (and largely fish in general) and could really use your help.

My boyfriend loves tropical fish but had to leave his tank behind when he moved to England from Dubai.
For his birthday in august I want to get him a siamese fighting fish and think I've found an appropriate tank. Think. I've done a lot of research but I'd really love some certain answers from someone who knows what they're doing.

It's the Aquael Classic 40 Aquarium Kit.

Would it be ok? It's a 25 litre, complete with lighting, filter, lid and 25w heater.

Also, what else would I need to get aside from pebbles (smooth so as not to tear fins) and some form of plant life? Chemicals, perhaps? And how would I go about preparing the tank?

Thank you so much for any help!

Holly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh thank you so much guys - those articles were really helpful.

My next question (could be the start of a series lol) might sound a bit silly. I was hoping to surprise him with a fully set up tank appearing in his room, betta already swimming happily.

The more research I do, the more improbable this course seems - especially the two week cycling period which is terrifying me at the moment! So my question is: would there be any way to set the tank and betta up and then transport it for about an hour drive?

I am so sorry if that sounds truly idiotic lol!

Thanks guys!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.