Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, let's see. I'm Amy, 31 years of age. I've been married since I was 19, had my first kid at 24, and the second at 27.

I've had fish in my life since probably my junior/senior year of high school, of course they were bettas. I think I kept them in a 1 or 1.5 gallon tank - you know those $10 ones from WalMart with the undergravel filter? Yeah, those :)

I've kept everything from guppies, mollies, tetras, angelfish, platies, clown loaches, goldfish, danios ... many many more. Bettas have always had the soft spot in my heart though. I got out of fish keeping for awhile after my first was born, and got back to it about 3 years ago. I just started breeding them this year and am very happy to say I've had 2 very successful spawns, all thanks to doing months of research and keeping to their detailed needs.

Currently I have a 55 gallon betta sorority, and 11 males, along with my newest spawn that is yet to be sexed yet, only because I don't need to jar them just yet. I also have a 37 gallon tank that I am trying to keep live plants in, and the inhabitants include an angelfish, oto catfish, and black skirt tetras. I also have many mystery snails, probably somewhere around 70.

I am a full time mom, and share my home with my French Angora rabbit Tia, and 4 cats. I plan to add mice in the near future and at some point in time, a Pug if I can ever find one locally!

My other hobbies include photography, knitting, sewing, spinning yarn, and dyeing yarn and fiber.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Why hello Amy! Nice to meet you ;)

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Hi Amy! We sound so much alike- in my high school years I got into fish keeping and had multiple tanks of exactly the same type of fish as you listed lol

Thanks for sharing a little bit of yourself, it sounds like you have a fun, joy-filled, full life :)

·
Registered
10,971 Posts
Nice to meet you Amy.......

How neat...spinning and dying yarn and fiber......I make paper from natural things I find around my place and experiment with natural dyes...lots of fun....but messy....laffs......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts