Betta Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I sit here at my computer day after day and am kept company by All of my betta who watch over me. I'v been drawn To the Community 10 gallon on my right side of my desk now for the past couple of days. Cal My big blue marble as I refer to him is a Blue Half moon with giant genes. (he is not a giant but is much larger than a regular betta. ) He rules his tank and lords over his realm of 24 other fish. There are 5 ember Tetra, 6 Zebra Danios, 6 White cloud, and 6 Cory. (yes the tank is overstocked, but all my community tanks have been and I have no problem with it's care.)

I was looking at this tank today and really paying attention to the Danios, I have 4 of the 6 that turned out to be female. I find the males have been very busy since all 4 females are pregnant. I hope that within the next few weeks there will be baby's. But not in this tank. I'm transferring them to a new setup today along with the males. When the baby's come I will send the males back to the community. I will be looking forward to being able to sex the fry and separate them into their own tank. I'll add about 4 males to the community tank to keep the status flow going LOL. The rest I will see about selling off. Or just add them to other community tanks at start up.

However Cal has responded by saying that after they hatch he would take care of the babies ( his words were they'll make a great snack for all of us.) I hate to disappoint him but I'm not letting them be fish food. Sorry Cal.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts